rebuilding 3sgte rev1

dakaito

Hey guys i got a 1989 celica alltrac.
It is fully caged and ive used it for ice racing for a year but cyl 4 is low compression and i wanna rebuild the engine. I have lots of experience building hondas and access to all the tools ill need. If anyone has any suggestions or stuff i should look out for let me know.

Also im looking to buy a full rebuild kit somewhere but i cant seem to find any for 89s. will ones for 91 work? Seems like there is limited love for the 89s.

Also im converting to honda ecu. mostly because i want to change to map sensor and ihave a Hondata s300 ecu.
buying a new turbo and either making a manifold or buying one.

looking to make around 200 at the wheels.

dakaito

I've done tons of research and I can't find any definite answer yet but as far as I can tell they are the same. But I can't find much info on the rev 1 - 2 changes. I only find chssis changes. Is that all they did?

anothergt4

The only difference I think is the valve cover gaskets, other than that they should be exactly the same. Your oil cooler and lines are a little different too, if you are a member on celicatech post on the Lithia Toyota page they may be able to get you a gasket set, or try ko-racing.net