Need some help. Idling issue.

timek1m

Hi folks.

So I had a blown turbo manifold gasket. Replaced it, then my car wouldn't hold idle. So I thought it was a vac leak. Couldn't find it. Took it to a shop, they said it is the maf sensor, I replaced the maf sensor with a new one. Still no fix, idles at 1500rpm and dies in 30 sec.

I tried resetting ecu,by disconnecting battery.

Any ideas on where I should be looking? Thanks

zaluss

I would start with the idle air control (IAC) which is connected to the base of the throttle body. It can (and will) overtime get clogged with carbon and fail to operate. I'm not 100% on how it works with gen2 and the exact impact on cold idle.

timek1m

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. What would be appropriate to clean it? Probably can't use the maf sensor cleaner?

Killtodie

I had the same issue, wires became corroded, and disconnected from the pigtail that plugs into the IAC. Carefully remove it, clean both ends with Electric Cleaner, and make sure the wires are still attached.

timek1m

Thanks for the response.

I tried cleaning the iac. No luck. But I will check the connections for corrosions. Hopefully that's it.

Haven't had my car running for a week. It's killing me.

Btw. I don't know if I mentioned check engine light for maf 1 to 4 is on.

Thanks again

underscore

If the CEL is on for that MAF I'd start there. How did you check for vac leaks? I'd imagine a bad one could cause the ECU to think something is up with the MAF but I'm not sure how those things work.