OEM Boost Gauge Economy meter

Quark

Hi Guys

I simply cant get my boost gauge to work. I have tracked 2.5v all the way to the combination meter.

I am doing a little work on the board that controls the needle.

What i dont understand is why my economy meter is stock on Green. I dont see any connection between the map sensor and the economy meter on the combination meter.

I would really like to find a wiring diagram for that economy meter, that is where I really need some help.

Happy Holidays

Quark

Replaced the IC on the Boost Gauge controller. Now its moving, though not centered on 0, will look into that, any suggestions are welcome. Tried with a different MAP sensor, didnt change anything. Its reading minus one line when car is not running.

I found out that my economy meter does work, but its not getting a signal to change to orange. Is this signal coming from the ECU?, If so it pretty easy to make my Megasquirt copy it. A diagram would be nice. :shock:

Quark

I have pushed the needle by mistake, put it back again, and now everything is good.

about the Economy meter :oops: :oops: :oops: I forgot that its a alltrac wiring on the engine, that doesnt have the sensor for the meter. I Sold the car 7 years ago, and bought it back i februar. Just wanted to fix the last problems.

Kurt_st185_gt4

Nice to see you got it working again. Most guys on here aren't as quick to whip out a multimeter and soldering iron as you and I may be. Are you running a megasquirt in your alltrac right now? If you did the install did you use the pnp megasquirt or the basic diy model? I'm on the edge of buying one but I need have my pin out correct as I have the turbo 4wd model celica (euro model originally bought in Switzerland) and apparently no one knows the ecu pinouts as the ecu's differ per region.

Quark

It's 8 years ago I made the ms2extra for it. Been running since. Right now the engine is out and a 2.2l i going in with a ms3x.
Funny my car comes from Switzerland too.

Take the lid of the ecu, and you will see the pinout printed on the board.

Quark

The 3s is put up for sale. The 2.2l 3s block 5s crank is going to be running a gt3076r NOS and water/meth.

Yes i live in Denmark

What about you? What do you have/plan, where do you live?

Attachments

• 2017-01-01 10.26.31.jpg
    2017-01-01 10.26.31.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 2017-01-01 10.24.49.jpg
    2017-01-01 10.24.49.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 2017-01-01 10.32.47.jpg
    2017-01-01 10.32.47.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 1,381

Kurt_st185_gt4

Nice. I'm in South Germany close to France. I'm on vacation right now but when I get back in going to replace the head gasket with a gen3 gasket kit a friend gave to me after he wreaked his mr2. I'm also upgrading to ARP head studs and fixing my exhaust leak between the turbo and manifold. Then I'll put in a fuel cut mod and up the boost to around 15-17psi. After that will be when I spend serious money. I deciding between fixing some body damage to the rear quarter, coilovers, or a mega squirt plug n play or diy mega squirt depending on the pin out of my ECU. I want to keep it kind of stock looking for when I import it to USA.