Abs light comes on at higher speeds

lalojamesliz1

If I go past last say 85mph my abs light comes on. When I turn off my car and restart it the light will be off until the next time I get to that speed. I have 225/50r16 tires on now if that helps

lalojamesliz1":2vodw2kj said:
If I go past last say 85mph my abs light comes on. When I turn off my car and restart it the light will be off until the next time I get to that speed. I have 225/50r16 tires on now if that helps
If your ABS Warning Light comes on, it typically sets a diagnostic code. Have you gone through the process of jumpering the Tc & E1 terminals of your check connector to see what the blinking code of the ABS light is telling you?

If you need help with the process and/or how to read the resulting code, let us know.

lalojamesliz1

93celicaconv":38azd9y6 said:
lalojamesliz1":38azd9y6 said:
If your ABS Warning Light comes on, it typically sets a diagnostic code. Have you gone through the process of jumpering the Tc & E1 terminals of your check connector to see what the blinking code of the ABS light is telling you?

If you need help with the process and/or how to read the resulting code, let us know.

I didn't know i can check it by jumping Tc and E1. I'll look into that. Thanks :)

Yes, you certainly can.

ABS systems have a service connector running horizontally just behind the check connector (towards the firewall, slightly towards the center of the car). That needs to be disconnected prior to jumpering terminals Tc & E1 of the check connector.

If the ABS blinks continuously every 1/2-second, there is no code stored. Otherwise, there are 19 possible 2-digit trouble codes the ABS light will flash out regarding what it thinks the problem is. There could be 2 or more codes, so make sure you observe them all.

lalojamesliz1

Almost a year later I finally remember to check this :p
A friendly race with a Hyundai veloster (close but I got him) got my light to come on and since I had a little time I checked for my code.
Abs code 32...... left front wheel speed sensor correct?
I remember seeing that the 90's camry sensor works with light modifications. Anyone familiar with using these sensors?

ABS DTC 32: Front left wheel speed sensor signal malfunction

There are 3 areas to check for the cause:
1 - speed sensor
2 - sensor rotor
3 - wire harness and connector of speed sensor

I wouldn't focus on only one of those three causes. In fact, if your ABS DTC only comes on after traveling a very high highway speed (85 MPH), I would tend to focus more on item 3.

The BGB has an excellent 4-page "Speed Sensor Diagnosis" that would definitively tell you if item 1 above is at fault. If after completing all the steps in that 4-page diagnosis guide, if everything checks out, you could rule out the sensor. If a fault it obtained during this diagnosis, you could pinpoint the problem to the sensor.

lalojamesliz1

93celicaconv":1k3h6kt4 said:
ABS DTC 32: Front left wheel speed sensor signal malfunction

There are 3 areas to check for the cause:
1 - speed sensor
2 - sensor rotor
3 - wire harness and connector of speed sensor

I wouldn't focus on only one of those three causes. In fact, if your ABS DTC only comes on after traveling a very high highway speed (85 MPH), I would tend to focus more on item 3.

The BGB has an excellent 4-page "Speed Sensor Diagnosis" that would definitively tell you if item 1 above is at fault. If after completing all the steps in that 4-page diagnosis guide, if everything checks out, you could rule out the sensor. If a fault it obtained during this diagnosis, you could pinpoint the problem to the sensor.

:D