88 all trac falls on its face under acceleration

88gt4DE

You need the circular type and the double banjo bolt with a gasket in between all , I normally tap in at the top of the fuel filter.

lt2fire

Finally got some spare time to try and figure this out again. Pulled codes. Got a 51 and 24 (I believe the 24 though was I hadn't plugged the AFM back in after testing it I read somewhere on this board that you will pull a 24 if it isn't plugged int)

So 51 leads me to believe that the TPS is bad??

88gt4DE":5wi8q1pz said:
You need the circular type and the double banjo bolt with a gasket in between all , I normally tap in at the top of the fuel filter.

Ordered one a few days back waiting on delivery.

FC Zach":5wi8q1pz said:
Have you replaced the O2 sensor?

Have not replaced the O2 sensor

FC Zach":5wi8q1pz said:
lt2fire":5wi8q1pz said:
if that one hard line isn't hooked up to wear it is supposed to be i'm wondering what that would do?
Do you still have a charcoal canister? Either way. . If it's not connected properly or the entire system is missing, you could smell gas fumes from the tank (my guess).

lt2fire":5wi8q1pz said:
And When poking around to make sure the EGR was all gone I found another sensor that seems like it should have a line or something coming off of it.

So now the next question is what is this?
Where is this located? or was it just loosely laying?

I do still have the charcol canister sensor. i'm going to cap off that hard line

88gt4DE

Cool ... I chased other crap on mine for awile years ago and then did the fuel pressure test and it failed miserably. I thought it was ok cause I had replaced the filter. Little did I know the inside of the tank was swiss cheese ....

lt2fire

well for some reason my multimeter is refusing to read anything right now. I sent it off to my friend who is good at fixing electronics because it was a fairly expensive one and I don't want to buy another right now.

So instead I ordered a new OEM TPS off of amazon.... if I install and it works great if now amazon's return policy will let me return it no questions asked and i'm not out any money... lol

If that isn't it back to the drawing board... the banjo bolt adapter finally arrived so i'll change out the fuel filter and install that this weekend if the TPS doesn't fix anything.

underscore

I'd check the wiring for the TPS as well, it doesn't matter how good the sensor is if the wiring is damaged.

lt2fire

Well tested the fuel pressure...…. at idle it was high around d70 PSI and went off the chart when rev'd.

This could be a separate issue but would this cause the issue i'm having. I know its either a kinked line or a bad FPR causing the high pressure.

88gt4DE

Have you had any of the fuel system apart ? replaced filter ? had a visual of inside of the tank ?

lt2fire

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after everything and replacing a few parts it turned out the entire problem was a 5 cent part.

The Previous Owner used the wrong type of washer on the fuel pulsation damper and it wasn't letting enough fuel through hence the super high pressure when measured from the filter.

Put the correct one in and now it runs like new.

Will post pics of the incorrect and correct one later.

lt2fire

Nope.... runs fine after correct washer was put in. I replaced the fuel pulsation damper also because I couldn't get the incorrect one off.

one on left is correct one of right you can see the washer pretty much stuck in the groove.

46372573_558188264646258_2693835880694546432_n.jpg

88gt4DE

Holy crap .... well it was the fuel system ... but damn I'm not sure i would have found that one very fast either. Very rare you mess with one of those damn things. :crazy: Soooooo hows she run ???? 8)