California Bay Area repair shops

jgtfour

Are there any car shops in the area that specialize on our cars? I have a 1992 Alltrac and I it’s been having issues with leaks. I also wanted the engine and turbo rebuilt. I live in Fairfield CA. and was wondering where I can find a decent shop to work on our type of cars.

lalojamesliz1

Time to get your hands dirty! 8) what's leaking?
Or do you not have the space, time or tools? I constantly see it's cheaper /faster to just buy a used engine. I think my trans is trashed so I ordered one of the last few st205 swaps I could find. I only need the trans but I'm happy that I'll have everything else as a spare. I considered selling the stuff ill have but I want to keep it after all.
I saw lots of gen2 3s-gte's but you might as well upgrade if it's something you've already thought of. The worst thing is you can't legally smog it anymore but after replacing some simple seals and the timing belt parts you should be good for a long time
If your set on rebuilding, I remember calling a turbo shop and they quoted me $375 to rebuild my ct20b. I think you can rebuild your own ct26 turbo but you still need to have it balanced.

EvilStig

jgtfour":322zjjfj said:
Are there any car shops in the area that specialize on our cars? I have a 1992 Alltrac and I it’s been having issues with leaks. I also wanted the engine and turbo rebuilt. I live in Fairfield CA. and was wondering where I can find a decent shop to work on our type of cars.

I don't know of anything really specific to the alltracs or 3sgte in the area, although I will say there's a guy, Singh, runs a shop in east San Jose called Reliant Auto, and I've taken mine to him many times and he's always been knowledgeable and unbelievably good at finding and getting parts for it quickly, at a more than fair price. I think the clutch job there cost less than half what we were quoted at the next cheapest shop. If there's anything I can't/don't want to do myself, I take it to him.

I'm having my turbo rebuilt right now, but in my case I pulled it myself and shipped it off to ATS racing (mine was already their CT27 model turbo, but you can ship them a CT26 as a core to buy a built one, too) cost starts at like 350 for a rebuild/balance, more to add ceramic coating etc.

CT27 uses the OEM CT26 housing so the smog inspector is none the wiser.

EDIT: P.S. if you're in the bay we should totally get together for cars and coffee at some point. Only ever seen one other alltrac out here so far, a red one we passed at a gas station in boulder creek.

alltracshoak

EvilStig":eqtq7m4j said:
jgtfour":eqtq7m4j said:

I don't know of anything really specific to the alltracs or 3sgte in the area, although I will say there's a guy, Singh, runs a shop in east San Jose called Reliant Auto, and I've taken mine to him many times and he's always been knowledgeable and unbelievably good at finding and getting parts for it quickly, at a more than fair price. I think the clutch job there cost less than half what we were quoted at the next cheapest shop. If there's anything I can't/don't want to do myself, I take it to him.

I'm having my turbo rebuilt right now, but in my case I pulled it myself and shipped it off to ATS racing (mine was already their CT27 model turbo, but you can ship them a CT26 as a core to buy a built one, too) cost starts at like 350 for a rebuild/balance, more to add ceramic coating etc.

CT27 uses the OEM CT26 housing so the smog inspector is none the wiser.

EDIT: P.S. if you're in the bay we should totally get together for cars and coffee at some point. Only ever seen one other alltrac out here so far, a red one we passed at a gas station in boulder creek.
I'm in Stockton.. I just helped another guy did his cam and front crank seal in delhi.. theres a few of us close by