Front ST205 Caliper Rebuild Kit?

FC Zach

In case you're in the states trying to source these parts, you can get aftermarket overhaul kits from eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-Brak...rentrq:5f5f402516a0aada24a9f55dffee4282|iid:1. Caliper pistons for the 205 are the same as a '93-98 turbo Supra *REAR caliper piston (47731-14120).

*Edit: Supra turbo front caliper pistons are a different size. . I overlooked this when I originally placed an order with Rock Auto and didn't catch this until it had already shipped.

CMS-GT4

Measure your pistons. My understanding is there is 2 rebuild kits depending on year of the 205 calipers. There was a piston diameter change at some point. There was an ebay seller at one point who could tell you which you needed if you had the specs since most don't know the year of the calipers from swapping.

FC Zach

CMS-GT4":3jjg3wgt said:
Measure your pistons. My understanding is there is 2 rebuild kits depending on year of the 205 calipers. There was a piston diameter change at some point. There was an ebay seller at one point who could tell you which you needed if you had the specs since most don't know the year of the calipers from swapping.

I expressed this concern with the ebay seller and gave the diameter I measured from my piston (40.04mm), they said the kit is correct.

FC Zach

CMS-GT4":4e8upggy said:
Good to know. Let us know how it turns out. I will need to rebuild me 205 rears some day.

I ordered a Bigg Red branded service kit from the UK (through ebay) and it arrived two days ago. I ordered the pistons online from a Toyota site and they arrived last week. Yesterday, I checked the fitment of everything and all was correct. After the first post I found that two pistons in the other caliper were also seized so I ended up rebuilding both calipers. All is well after rebuild and the fronts perform much better, it's amazing what a difference is made when all eight pistons are moving :doh:

I checked their site and they have rears too
http://biggred.co.uk/