Anyone familiar with the afm plug please help

lalojamesliz1

The joy of life in California..... time to smog my all-trac again :pissed: I have a st205 gen 3 swap installed but with my original gen2 harness. It runs great with no issues. I want to try to get it to pass the correct way. I just need to remove my do and install the catalytic converter I got with my gen3 swap and install my original intake with the afm. I still have the afm plug on my harness but right now it's just disconnected.
If I were to plug it into the afm, do you guys think anything bad can happen? I'm worried I'd short out my ecu or something.
My engine has a egr valve already and what worries me is that the place I would take it to have it smogged at will test it. It sounds wierd to my friends but many years ago a shop failed me because they tested my egr valve and it wasn't responding but it worked on a manual test.... my dumb a forgot to install the gen3 USA ECU and I had a jdm SARD ecu. Dummy

r-town

lalojamesliz1":20y77hwh said:
My engine has a egr valve already and what worries me is that the place I would take it to have it smogged at will test it. It sounds wierd to my friends but many years ago a shop failed me because they tested my egr valve and it wasn't responding but it worked on a manual test.... my dumb a forgot to install the gen3 USA ECU and I had a jdm SARD ecu. Dummy

A few years back, I took my bone stock ST185 to three places here is California in a span of a week:
1st place did not have the vacuum tester on hand, so the tech told me he cannot pass me as he couldn't test the EGR.
2nd place had poor STAR rating, and told me he cannot test car that old until 6 months has passed.
3rd place, finally, this dude perform the test, used the sniffer, and did even care to test the EGR... passed with flying colors.

lalojamesliz1

A few days before that shop failed me for my egr I went to a shop that failed me for "modified fuel system "
I said WTF it's stock and he told me since I tampered with the vacuum system to install a bov I modified the fuel system :D
I guess it's just how picky they want to be huh