How to perform any service on an Alltrac [humor]

EvilStig

1. Receive the parts and tools you bought to do the job in the mail. Take a moment to feel the regret over how much you spent on it.
  2. Use the new parts and tools to immediately solve the problem you'd been previously stuck on, and make a good 5-10 minutes of solid progress toward completing the job.
  3. Run into a problem and get stuck. Spend the next 4-6 hours trying to find a way around it using what you have available
  4. Give up and spend another $100-$500 ordering parts and specialty tools online to solve the problem before calling it a night.
  5. Wait a few days/weeks for all the necessary parts and tools to arrive.
  6. Repeat from step 1.

Following these simple steps you can complete any 5 or 6 hour service in as little as a few years with a budget of every penny you have available to spend in that period.

FC Zach

Been there! It's even more frustrating when you receive incorrect/incomplete parts/kits which further delay what should have been a quick job.

CMS-GT4

You forgot to include the blood sacrifice to the Toyota gods to allow you to move onto the final steps. If your alltrac is not drawing blood, then you aren't trying hard enough.

underscore

Strangely enough I can't recall having to buy any special tools for my car, which is why I like it. Everything is crammed in there but I know that by removing enough things I can get to what I need to do. My Jeep on the other hand has a full drawer in my tool box dedicated just to the tools I had to buy/make to replace the injector seal. So when I look at the engine bays of some of the modern cars I considered as a replacement, see how cramped they are and known how many specialty tools you need to do things on them, I noped right out of that idea.

The blood sacrifice is real though. I used to find it easier to just order goats in bulk to save time.

sefiroxx

Budget 3 hours for the repair

Multiply by 3 to account for broken bolt requiring removal, tap, and enlargement of mating part

Bourbon.

r-town

Doing the timing belt and the bolts wont torque down... $90 dollars later:

Attachments

• IMG_20200120_130715_compress7.jpg
    IMG_20200120_130715_compress7.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 1,463

freddie

To work on a Celica, first you have to learn to do the Tango. That is two steps forward and one step backwards or is it one step forward and two steps backwards. That is to get access to do the next step or you have done something out of sequence (what sequence?)