Is my turbo blown?

fvkagi

Hey all,

I noticed that there is a bunch of oil inside of my intercooler, so I am assuming something is going wrong with the turbo. First I removed the turbo drain, and noticed the coolant drain hole had rtv blocking most of it.

Would the coolant blockage somehow cause the oil to go into the intake, or are the seals just blown?

I also took a video of the shaft play, its probably the original turbo so I am not sure if this is too much... https://youtu.be/ppqOk96ROpc

Thanks in advance for the help!

underscore

The coolant blockage might cause the seals to get too hot and start to fail. I'd clean out the intercooler and keep an eye on it though. Was there any oil in the intake tubing after the CCV inlet?

fvkagi

underscore":18lvw3la said:
The coolant blockage might cause the seals to get too hot and start to fail. I'd clean out the intercooler and keep an eye on it though. Was there any oil in the intake tubing after the CCV inlet?

I only really saw oil on the throttle side of the inter cooler and a bit in the throttle itself. I will replace the gasket on the drain and keep an eye on it.