Whirring noise with increase of RPMs

Mateo

I just noticed a sort of whirring noise coming from my ST165 with the increase of RPMs. I know its nothing on my clutch side because I just put in a new one, but are the power steering pumps known to go out or have issues? That's where I feel like it's coming from. If so are the pumps the same on a standard model Celica of the similar year?

Noise problems are hard to discuss with messages in a forum. If you suspect the power steering pump, why don't you remove the belt from the pump and drive your car without power steering and see if the noise is still present or not.

Just be extra careful recognizing your ability to turn quickly and easily is no longer possible temporarily.

freddie

Please lift the hood on your car and remove the cat that is trapped in there.

To check your power steering, while the engine is running turn the steering wheel full lock, hard and hold it there.
If there is a problem with the power steering pump, you will definitely hear it.

Check your belt tensioner pulley by just tightening it a bit.

Also check your alternator.

Mateo

It doesn't make a noise when it's at full lock or if it's not moving, only a almost groaning noise when the wheel is being turned. Is that the belt?

gt4tified

Check the bearings on your alternator, a/c compressor and power steering pump, as well as the timing belt tensioner bearing.