NEED HELP ASAP... Nothing happens when I turn key.

Sactoalltrac

So last night I was on my way home and as I was getting of the off ramp my st165 started sputtering and going in and out of getting power, like the battery died when driving. It went in and out for a half mile and died right as I got home. While this was happening the check engine and abs lights would flash on and off with along with the whole electrical system. My car has a push button start and when I push it it engages the starter, but when I turn the key NOTHING will turn on. All fuses and battery is good. The grounds look fine. Could it be the ignition switch? I need help since this is my only car at the moment and I am stumped on what else to check.

simple

With the key in the ignition nothing lights up?

Have you taken the battery out to charge it or replace?

underscore

If the starter sounds strong the battery should be good, I'd probably start with the ignition switch and go from there.

Numbchux

Loose battery cable is my first though, although it would most likely not crank in that case. But the push button might be the wild card with that symptom.

Check the basics. Battery terminals and cables. Especially between the battery and fuse box. My ST184 would randomly stall and intermittantly restart. Turned out to be a loose bolt where the main ground wire bolts to the transmission.

grip-addict

just to be clear - the car cranks but doesn't actually start, right?
if so, just checking the electrical connectors is a great place to start. A friend's 3s had similar behavior, and the AFM connector just kept falling out. It'd crank and not start.

Are you getting spark?
Can you see if you're getting fuel?
I'd start with those 3 things..

best of luck

simple

We call guys like this "help vampires"

OP a little feedback please. Posting a video to YouTube takes 2 minutes these days. Show us the issue.