A/C idle control valve

transneptunian

Im trying to sort out a high idle issue in my st185. Ive adjusted the screw all the way out for the lowest idle but im still running around 1400-1800rpm. I had some work done a while back and noticed the A/c valve had been damaged and the vac line wasnt connected to anything. My a/c doesnt work anyways so Im not worried about the valve itself but Im thinking I now have a vac leak somewhere as a result. I feel like i can hear it but cant see anything. Can anyone post a pic of the routing for the vac lines coming out of the switch to show where they go? The hose dosnt look long enough to travel to any hidden spots so I can figure out for the life of me where it was routed to. Any hints?

transneptunian

Looks like upon further inspection, after comparing with a picture I found, the dude just took a vac line and bridged the two connections for the Ac valve. That why I couldnt find an empty connection. Basically, he knew he broke the valve and tried to cover it up. Last time I let someone work on this thing based off a "friends" recommendation.

So could this be causing my issue or is simply bypassing the vaccum around the ac switch not an issue?

underscore

I would think bridging the lines like that would effectively put the car into maximum idle up permanently. I'd block the lines off individually, or squish one hose with some vice grips to test, reset the ECU and see how it behaves.

transneptunian

underscore":2p2639li said:
I would think bridging the lines like that would effectively put the car into maximum idle up permanently. I'd block the lines off individually, or squish one hose with some vice grips to test, reset the ECU and see how it behaves.

You nailed it man. Plugged both vac ports and idle is smooth again.
thanks!