Engine cuts out at high rpms

transneptunian

JDM st185 tends to cut out around 6k rpms. Runs strong up until then but once you approach around 6k it acts like it’s hitting fuel cut or a rev limiter or something. I’m running a MBC at around 14psi which has ran fine since I installed it. I don’t think it can be fuel cut anyways as I plugged the map sensor vac line and that had no effect. The exhaust will also sometimes crackle and pop when it does this, but it’s always done that since installing a dp and 3 inch exhaust. The only thing I can think of that I’ve done recently is plug some vac lines for the ac idle valve, Since the valve was broken and I needed to bypass it to idle correctly. It’s not a huge pain as I don’t often go to 6k rpm but seems like a sign of something bigger so I’d like to address it if I can.

Any ideas?

grip-addict

Hmm that does sound like fuel. Hard to know for sure though, without a fuel pressure sensor.
Does it do this if you free rev it?

transneptunian

I haven’t tried free revving that high. Unless the gauge has changed it should be accurate because I’ve taken it past 6k in the past( would a lightweight flywheel have anything to do with it?)At this point I’m going to trouble shoot with some spark and fuel stuff until I solve it. I got things like plugs/wires and fuel filter that I haven’t changed yet since buying the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to check you ignition timing also. Putting on a fuel pressure gauge would be wise to understand if something is going on with fuel delivery.