ST165 Pinging/rattle at ~2000 rpm

Mateo

I've noticed my All Trac has started making a rattling noise, like metal on metal contact at 2000 rpm near the front right of the car. I've heard the idler tensioner makes a noise like that when it goes bad, but I've done all the tensioners when I had the engine out, and made sure the heat shields are tight along with the intercooler piping (Swapped to FMIC). Any help or ideas pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated

Tippo

MatPop86":vrsdkhtd said:
I've noticed my All Trac has started making a rattling noise, like metal on metal contact at 2000 rpm near the front right of the car. I've heard the idler tensioner makes a noise like that when it goes bad, but I've done all the tensioners when I had the engine out, and made sure the heat shields are tight along with the intercooler piping (Swapped to FMIC). Any help or ideas pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated

If you can show us on youtube that might be easier for us to diagnose... that could be a million things.

Mateo

Sorry I forgot to delete this thread, it was a transaxle to block bracket on the back of the engine that was loose.