Engine wanting to stall sometimes

From Tune Ups to Oil Changes, maintenance related

Moderator: toayoztan

Re: Engine wanting to stall sometimes

Postby lalojamesliz1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:20 pm

Cars are fun huh :twisted:

Thanks for sharing that info and pics. I like driving my other cars but I much prefer the all-trac.
Don't over think things on your all-trac as I was doing with mustang. Talking with a friend that already has a running/built 69 mustang saved me a lot of time because he showed me I don't really need some of the things I had planned. Get it running with upgrading the main essentials then enjoy it.
Since I'm going to send out my spare injectors and look into the fpr I guess I'll just work on cleaning up the hazing clear coat on top on my all-trac in the mean time.
Thanks again.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
91 Celica all-trac gen3 swap (small-med $$$ sponge)
69 mustang 408w (large $$$ sponge)
08 sequoia 5.7L
14 avalon
02 taco dbl cab V6 turd
and a 2 car garage :shoots:
lalojamesliz1
Club Member

Postby grip-addict » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:31 pm

Both the feed and return are m12x1.25 on the gen 3 fuel rail btw.
So if you end up doing an aftermarket FPR then you'll need an adapter for m12x 1.25 to an6 and then an an6 hose end with whatever angle you want to the hose and then... after that it just depends on how you want to route it.
grip-addict
Club Member

Postby lalojamesliz1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:34 pm

grip-addict wrote:Both the feed and return are m12x1.25 on the gen 3 fuel rail btw.
So if you end up doing an aftermarket FPR then you'll need an adapter for m12x 1.25 to an6 and then an an6 hose end with whatever angle you want to the hose and then... after that it just depends on how you want to route it.

Oh man that's awesome info. Thank you!
08 sequoia 5.7L
14 avalon
02 taco dbl cab V6 turd
lalojamesliz1
Club Member

Postby lalojamesliz1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm

I sent off the injectors I had on my spare gen3 to witchHunter and ordered a new fuel filter. I bought a vacuum gun to test the fpr but ill probably just test and use the fpr from my spare engine. I'm not looking forward to removing the fuel rail. I did this once about 11 years ago on my gen2 original engine in a carport when I lived in some apartments. I don't remember how hard it was but ill find out
I hope this takes care of this.
08 sequoia 5.7L
14 avalon
02 taco dbl cab V6 turd
lalojamesliz1
Club Member

Postby grip-addict » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 pm

it IS possible to do the injector and fpr swap with the rail on the head, but it's not exactly easy. It'll definitely be easier to do the work if you pull the fuel rail out.

Witch Hunter should put new orings on your injectors, but if they don't, you can get them from primemr2 https://primemr2.com/collections/gen3-3 ... gen3-3sgte

I had a hard time finding gen 3 insulators (these go between the fuel rail and the head). Turns out, Supra insulators work on the gen 3 fuel rail / head and you can get them from the dealer: 23291-88480

Hope this fixes you up! good luck!
grip-addict
Club Member

Postby lalojamesliz1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:37 pm

grip-addict wrote:it IS possible to do the injector and fpr swap with the rail on the head, but it's not exactly easy. It'll definitely be easier to do the work if you pull the fuel rail out.

Witch Hunter should put new orings on your injectors, but if they don't, you can get them from primemr2 https://primemr2.com/collections/gen3-3 ... gen3-3sgte

I had a hard time finding gen 3 insulators (these go between the fuel rail and the head). Turns out, Supra insulators work on the gen 3 fuel rail / head and you can get them from the dealer: 23291-88480

Hope this fixes you up! good luck!

Thanks man, that's some great information
08 sequoia 5.7L
14 avalon
02 taco dbl cab V6 turd
lalojamesliz1
Club Member

Postby lalojamesliz1 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:26 pm

I purchased and received my overhaul gasket kit to replace my valve cover gaskets, new fuel filter and I should have my injectors back in a couple days. Fingers crossed this solves my stalling issue and hopefully my fluctuating afr's while cruising.
08 sequoia 5.7L
14 avalon
02 taco dbl cab V6 turd
lalojamesliz1
Club Member

Previous

Return to General Maintenance and Repair