ST165 Throttle Body Inlet

klotz

My rubber throttle body inlet recently gave out leaving me with a massive boost leak. After looking around on the internet, I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. It seems like most everything out there is a metal aftermarket piece for use with a front mount intercooler set up. I was curious what others on here have done to replace that part on an st165 keeping the stock top mount intercooler or where I can find one.

Thanks

simple

Super hard to find one. I have one where the rubber is deformed a little but not cracked. Let me know if you want it.

Alikazam

Maybe look for a silicone coupler/hose that would slide over top of the factory mount and glue it/clamp it over top. Just an idea. :)

klotz

I ended up buying the aftermarket coupler from gtfour play. I'm going to try mending the current one in the meantime to get my by. Thanks for the suggestions.

Your most welcome. Yeah, any air leaks on a vehicle still using the original AFM system isn't a good thing at all - they are pretty sensitive to even a tiny air leak. Let us know if the aftermarket gt4-play coupler works well for your application. I'm sure there are many of these that are starting to crack through after this many years of service.