Car starts, doesn't hold an idle

Mateo

I've recently done a head gasket, rebuilt the turbo, custom power steering lines and had the valve seals replaced on my 165 and I can get it to start but it doesn't hold an idle without nearly holding it at full throttle. I noticed this kinda fat yellow connector that is right next to the intake manifold/fuel rail that's not connected into anything, not sure if that's related.

grip-addict

Take a pic of the connector please.
A lot has changed with having the head out, but hopefully this is just a simple fix. Can you make sure all of the connectors are on and snug for the electronics ? Afm, tps, distributor, etc.

It could also be a vacuum leak, I've had that cause similar symptoms. Definitely check over all of your lines and make sure they're all connected. The power steering, tvis, and tvsv are really easy to miss due to their location. I think I've even forgotten to hook up the idle bypass hose before.

Mateo

I'll post a pic when I'm off work, but it's a 3SGE intake manifold so it's a lot easier to see the hoses but I just did a boost leak test and it didn't have any massive air leaks.

Assuming you are still using an AFM? If yes, you can't afford any kind of air leak after the AFM at all, or it will idle very poorly.

Mateo

Well I found the issue, after doing another boost leak test I found that every single injector seal was leaking and after I redid them it started up

grip-addict

Grats! technically a "simple" thing, but crappy to do with the engine in the car. still, nice to hear it's running again. Great to hear another alltrac is back on the road!