best vacuum/boost source?

facapino

from the intake manifold, i only have 2 free sources for vacuum/boost...

this is to be used for:

1. hks bov
2. boost guage
3. fuel regulator

what 2 components shall i combine using a "T" joint?

also, can i run the vacuum/boost line directly to the fuel reg? or does it really have to pass through something (i can't see what) underneath the intake manifold side?

thanks

Stubble

Although I don't have any of the 3 listed (yet), most people here seem to mount the BOV closer to the turbo, upstream from the intercooler. If you do that, problem solved. This requires some welding, though.

facapino

Gary":3o1cm8em said:
I would T BOV and boost gauge together.

this seems to be about right. thanks

originally, i had the BOV and fuel reg together...

then i had the BOV solo then the fuel reg and boost gauge together, thinking that it's risky to have a leak at the BOV or any connections to it.

but now, i feel that it's much riskier to have a leak at the fuel reg or any connections to it.

ruffneck

why can't you connect the fuelp reg onto the stock fuel reg vaccuum line? I'm assuming you have replaced it with an aftermarket one?

Maloy

my BOV, fuel pressure regulator and boost guage are all t'd together, it works fine, should i change how this is hooked up?

RIalltrac

my BOV, fuel pressure regulator and boost guage are all t'd together, it works fine, should i change how this is hooked up?

I would, these engines dont like it if something happens to the fuel. Just to stay safe side that is. Did you tap all three into the port on the manifold or are they all tapped into the stock fuel reg vac line?

Maloy

It goes from the intake manifold to a paxton fuel pressure regulator, to boost guage and then to the BOV. This is how it was hooked up when i got the car.