boost gauge

scott

hi

just got a boost gauge and am ready to fit it but was not shore were to connect the hose to.

can you run it of the bov vacum hose

this is my fist turbo car so any info would be helpful

RIalltrac

if you look on the back of the intake manifold there is a vacuum port that is capped off, use that. you can also t that line off and use it for your bov and boost guage.

edit: wasnt sure if you had a 165 or 185, the port I mentioned above is on the 185, not sure where you can tap in on a 165.

scott

thanks for the reply that was were i was thinking. my bov is connected to the bloked off bit so ill just t off the line to the bov

CelicaGT4

are you sure you can put the BOV on the rear of the intake manifold since it is after the throttle body(I think). But yes it will work for boost line.

scott

gauge fitted onto the bov line and seems to be working fine.

im getting 1 bar boost

what is the stock boost ment to be im shore i was less than that

alltracman78

CelicaGT4":16wbr04v said:
are you sure you can put the BOV on the rear of the intake manifold since it is after the throttle body(I think). But yes it will work for boost line.

You want the vaccum line for the bov after the tb.....

Stock boost is ~8psi.

Scott, you really need to put car/location in your posts.

Gary

CelicaGT4":2f0vqncg said:
Not the BOV itself, but the vacuum source for the BOV must come from somewhere behind the TB.