No lights

wingnut

Hey, I was riding around last night when my instrument lights quit. When I got home I noticed that the tail, marker and brake lights are also out. The fuses are all good so what do I look for next. Everything that quit uses a 15 amp fuse and is in the same top row of the fuse block. Just a coincidence? Is there a fusible link for this circuit and if so where is it? Thanks much.

InitialD93

hey i got u covered man... my car does the exact same thing... this is how to fix it:

1. take the top right 2 15 fuses out...
2. get a short piece of wire... about and inch will do it
3. strip the ends down so that some of the wire is showing on both ends of the piece
4. stick one end of the wire into the top hole where the prong of the fuse goes in...
5. stick the other end into the same spot on the other open fuse slot... then reinsert ur fuses on top of this wire... kind of wedging the fuses over the wire.

u should now have a set up where the top right 2 15 fuses are linked together by the wire... this is called a jumper. i had to do the exact same thing to mine and it works perfectly now. even if the fuses look good one of ur terminals ahs quit getting power and this will fix it. if they ever go out again... check to make sure neither of the 2 linked fuses are blown and make sure that the wire is making contact with the fuse prongs.

ive been doing this for months now with no problems.... good luck... i can post pictures tonight of mine if u need more help.

NOTE: if this happens to anyone else dont freak out your headlights will still work and your hazard lights will also so u should just turn those on as a last resort to get u where ur going untill u can fix it using above method.

silence

the problem is a loose connector underneath your fuse box...if i remember correctly its a thick white wire. have someone stand behind the car, while you check the connections. I fixed mine by securing the wire to part of the fuse box with a zip tie.

thae

I have this same problem with my celica. Its the 15 amp fuse on the top right ,which is under the stop or break light. I also jumped the wires to another fuse but when i used the rear defoger it burns out and it starts burning the plastic of the the fuse housing. I changed the whole fuse housing when i found one from the yard and the problem is still there. :( To fix this problem i run a wire straigt from the battery with a fuse(10 amp) and a relay, disconnected the defoger fuse(30amp)pink in colour and jumped the wire to the red relay on top that supplies power to the stop fuse slot. So far so good and i haven't burn thw fuse housing at all and its been a year already...