North American Alltrac Market Value reference

Celica All Tracs for sale

Re: North American Alltrac Market Value reference

Postby FC Zach » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 am

CMS-GT4 wrote:Please keep this thread to data points of cars sold, not asking prices and opinions.
Relatively speaking a gt sells here from 1k to 4k, and a vert sells from 4-6k. Prices are going up on all Celica models and here we are trying to track that to determine the market.

Sorry about that. . Back on track, here's mine:

-Purchased sight unseen off ebay end of December 2012 (ad no longer in existence) Asking price $7500.00
-1992 AllTrac (JT2ST88P6N0016199) somewhat modified, mostly molested with 120K on the clock and dented front-right fender.
-Originally red but professionally repainted gray, shaved CS bumper, JDM F/R corners (lights/vents), folding mirrors.
-Interior mismatched with incorrect, damaged, or missing parts and with incorrect (non AllTrac) seats wedged in place.
-JDM Gen 2 3S, aftermarket 3" exhaust front to back, front mount intercooler.

-Price paid: $7000.00
-Shipping from Street, MD to Smyrna, TN: ~$600

Car arrived with receipts from previous owner/owners to prove service history. Also arrived with any and every extra part the PO collected to use for the car.

Since acquiring, there's been much more invested into this car as well as an overflowing 3" binder full of additional receipts/services and various information.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
FC Zach
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:28 pm

No worries. Thanks for the addition.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby 80's Kid » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Here is what I paid for mine in 2017, all prices are in Canadian funds.

1. 1991 All-trac, Canadian model, red. Needs transmission work on the 2nd gear, and minor body repairs, and brake work. Suspension also needs work. It is in running condition. 7000$
2. 1992 All-trac, Canadian model, red. Blown headgasket, some rust on the wheel wells. 4500$

Both cars have over 250 000 KM's but under 280 000. I paid a bit of a premium as both sellers were willing to wait a while until I came up with the money.
80's Kid
Club Member

1991 Toyota Celica

Postby GTSfreak » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:42 am

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 82910.html

I'm looking at this one but its got a 186k miles on the clock and engine. says he has an extra engine and cracks on the dash and a couple rips in the
seats.

Tried to see if he would go lower but hes solid on the price.
GTSfreak
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:07 am

1994 St205 WRC. Sold on ebay for $14,000 on March 19, 2018.

Car is claimed to be US legal. I would ay condition is fair. Could use a respray, and has some dents.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Toyota-Ce ... 1438.l2649

You are looking at a genuine legally imported Celica GT4. This was imported to the US years ago. It was produced in February of 1994, one of only 2 months the WRC was produced. It is and will be the most collectible Celica GT4. You need to contact me directly if you want the details on the importation. It is licensed already until 2020 in the US. I took off the plates for the photos. The car is in Portland Oregon right now. It just completed a 2000+ mile cross country trip and ran flawlessly. I drove it. It has no check engine lights. ABS works perfectly. Tires are excellent. Clutch is perfect. Transmission shifts smooth. The engine is silent. Turbo pulls strong all through the RPMs. You'll be very pleased. Best part? It appears there is ZERO rust. Worst part? You can see it: A couple dents and some bad paint match resprays over the years. I have run a magnet over the dents and no filler has been applied. It was pushed out from the inside and repainted behind the driver’s door. It seems crazy to do that, but that is what happened. The good part is there is nothing hidden. What you see is exactly that. The car tracks perfectly straight. No creaking or bumping. The interior is just about flawless. There is a turbo timer installed on the console. Otherwise, everything else IS STOCK. Nothing has been removed or molested. The carpet still sparkles under the floor mats. There are NO stains are tears or smells inside. No smoking or pets have been inside. The windshield is perfect, both power windows go up and down. A new radiator is installed because the old was weeping slightly. To make this car perfect, it really needs a bit of bodywork and a fresh paint job. But that’s it. Drive it anywhere and enjoy it and don’t paint it! Anyone can buy an Sti or Evo with lots of money. But even with lots of money, there will not be another GT4 on the block! This is a serious rally car from yesterday! And it is dependable Toyota too! You'll get a title you can take to your DMV. It is 1994, so it is OBD1. The actual VIN is ST2050001856. Ebay wouldn't allow the short VIN in the ad! Exterior video https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rkbj9 ... AbbjvVsP5W This car is LOCATED IN PORTLAND, Oregon. The VIN is ST2050001856 I put a Galant VIN in the ad so eBay would allow the ad to post. :-P Feel free to contact me if you want more pics or vids. I am happy to provide you with whatever you need. :-)
Rally, race, evo, Sti, Supra, rare, "Right Hand Drive", JDM,
On Mar-17-18 at 22:48:02 PDT, seller added the following information:
I have answered a few questions about the title and the VIN for bidders and it is not showing up here. I have included pictures for them too. The title is an Alaska state title. I drove it to Portland because a road trip would be fun and it would be easier for folks who might be interested to pick up and drive or trailer home. The VIN on the frame, the metal tag, AND the title are ALL the same, albeit not 17 characters. If you message me on eBay or privately, I will give you pics of all of those. Ebay is not being as cooperative as I would like I wish I could post 20 more pics, but this is all they allow.
Coldiron
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby milehigh_alltrac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Here are two different Alltracs that I purchased 3 and 4 years ago.

Purchased 2014
$7700
1991 US Toyota Celica Alltrac
160k miles
3rd gen swap with ~65k miles
repainted Lexus Pearl White, large dent in passenger rear quarter panel
CS hood and bumper
Full cage, aftermarket seats, 3" exhaust, Tein Coilovers, OZ 17" wheels, ACPT Carbon Driveshaft, lots of weight reduction <3000lbs

Resold back to previous owner in 2016 for previously agreed upon price - $7700

Purchased 2015
$4000
1993 US Toyota Celica Alltrac rolling shell
140k on chassis
came with 90% of 3rd gen swap parts including motor, trans, harness, ECU.
repainted factory red, body in great shape
CS bumper, US hood
Compomotive 18" wheels, no exhaust, EVO VIII front mount.
milehigh_alltrac
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Adding some ebay sales. This one is solely guesstimate as it was handled in a strange manner.

RC import was listed on ebay, and then canceled when someone bought it. The likely scenario is the buyer got in contact with them outside of ebay channels asking for a discount. I am going to assume the ebay discount was 10% which coincides with ebay fees. If the buyer paid in cash they might waive paypal fees, but I won't assume that much. It is still very possible they sold it at their asking price and went outside ebay just to avoid fees.
Weeks later the buyer relisted the car online for $14500. Afaik at the time of this posting it has not sold again.

EDIT: Buyer claims his loan was 13k.

From the ebay listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Toyota-Ce ... 1438.l2649

Available now from Driver Motorsports is this excellent condition Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC! This 1991 Turbo RHD JDM ST185 AWD Celica is for sale in the USA, it is 100% legal, customs-cleared, with a valid Virginia title and all importation documents. Super clean and offered at $12,900.

Why you should love this car?
1. It looks awesome and is very rare
2. It is All Wheel Drive
3. It is Turbo Charged
4. It is an RC edition and therefore very collectable
5. WRC Championship blood running through it's veins
6. It's a Toyota

The "RC" stands for Rally Competition, and compete it did! Toyota dominated WRC with the ST185 Celica including three driver championships in a row and two manufacturer championships! It doesn't get much better than that. Only 5000 GT-FOUR RC's were ever produced, making them rare and collectable. This car is in extremely good condition and runs and drives great. A few modifications include Tein coilovers, PIAA wheels and a backup camera. This car is a lot of fun to drive; it looks great and sounds great with super smooth power delivery from the 3S-GTE engine. Words do not do this car justice, please come test drive and see for yourself.

GT-FOUR RC Factory Upgrades:
- Timing belt cooling duct
- Alternator cooling duct
- Water-to-air intercooler with dedicated water pump and radiator
- Light weight bumper with more openings for air flow
- Bumper mounted water nozzles to clean, and cool radiators
- Front-mounted power steering cooler
- Front-mounted gearbox oil cooler
- Shorter clutch pedal travel.
- Short-throw shifter
- Upgraded synchros on 2nd and 3rd gear

It's ready for pick up in Rustburg VA 24588, or we can arrange shipment to your door. This car is extremely rust free! She is ready for the track, that backroad, car shows, or as your daily driver. If you are looking to buy a quality car in great condition, come see us because we only import the BEST!

Financing options available
Call or text Chris with questions: 434-942-5424

Actual VIN#: ST185-0019291
Driver Motorsports is a Virginia independent auto dealer.
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 am

A nice 93 supposedly sold for 12k per a response in this group.
If I find the info to be false, I will update this post. The car was worth more than 12k IMHO.
Color is gray, and the photos looked to show a prime example.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2212197 ... ment_reply

My brother in law has an extremely rare 1993 Celica Turbo All Trac, very clean, low mileage (~65k), all original, factory, almost mint condition. He is the original owner. It's been kept in his garage most of the time. He has taken very good care of it.
Unfortunately he is not well and in hospice care. I'm trying to help him sell this car.
I want to get the best price I can for him, but I’m not sure what this car is worth.

There were very few 1993's made, so being in this condition should make it pretty rare and desirable.

MODEL: ST185L-BLMVZA
NO: 578

Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 am

Some related information. I have been watching auctions on ebay the past couple months, I have seen a variety of 185s from 90-92 listed. They have been bid from the 7k range to 11k range. The cars do not meet their reserve so they are not actually sold, but that does give us a data point of what some are willing to pay. Ebay has been buggy, so here is the best list I could comprise. As of this posting you can still find them in the completed listings, but when linked it sends me to other auctions.

• 1992 "claimed" RC/CS model. $11,500 (87k)
• 1992 Alltrac (Canada). $7,910 (89k)
• 1990 Alltrac $8,100 (117k)
• 1992 Alltrac (Rolling Shell) $539 (153k)

Other fwd Models for scaling.
• 1992 GT Vert $2,800 (94k)
• 1993 GT Vert $4,570 (89k)
• 1990 GTS $2,550 (87k)
• 1992 GTR (JDM) $5,500 (14k)
• 1992 GTS $3,650 (86k)
• 1992 ZR (JDM) $3,608 (79k)
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CMS-GT4 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:04 am

1991 Alltrac ended on ebay today for $9,200 (129,982 miles).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Toyota-Ce ... dR&vxp=mtr

The Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo, or GT-Four as it is known in overseas markets in one of the most special cars to come over from Japan in the 1990s. Car enthusiats and collectors alike have begun to look back at the 1990s as the era of the Japanese sports cars. This is the era of RX-7, Skyline, Supra and 300zx battling it out on the street circuits, while the Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Evolution and the lesser known Toyota Celica All-Trac fought in World Rally Cross series. Among the cars listed above the All-Trac is probably the least known and certainly the most rare. To put that into perspective there were only 591 All-Tracs sold in 1991, while there were over 3,500 Supras sold.
However, the Toyota Celica All-Trac was not designed to be sales king, or even a money maker (it is said the Toyota lost money on All-Tracs sold). The Toyota Celica All-Trac was designed to go racing. More particular, it was a car that HAD to be sold to the public to satisfy the WRC homologation rules, which stated that if a manufacturer wanted to go racing, they had to sell a certain number of the racing style cars on the public roads to do so. The top-mount intercooled, turbo-charged, 3SGTE (that was similarly found in the MR2 Turbo), all wheel drive system, low center of gravity and short-wheel base, didn't just compete, it proved to be a winning combo. The ST185 chassis, which was 1989-1993 Celica, won two drivers World Championships and two Constructors Championships. Most famously, the championship was won by Carlos Sainz (who's son is now in Formula 1), in the famous Castrol TOMS Celica All-Trac. The car cemented its fame when it was included in the Play Station game Gran Turismo. Many people will tell me, that is where they remember this car, not knowing they were actually sold here. Like any great classic sports car, the Toyota Celica All-Trac ST185, is one Japans greatest hits and is certain to be a good investment for future values.
This particular car is in exceptional condition. I looked for years and have never seen another in the US market quite as taken car of or unmolested as this one. It is had every major service completed and drives incredible. It just had a major service 6 months ago which included timing belt, tensioner, water pump, oil pump seal, crankshaft seal, and camshaft seal. This was all done as preventative maintenance, and receipts will be included in the sale. The turbocharger has been replaced, lines have been switched to braided steel, the original seats were replaced with Celica GTS seats (the originals will be included in the sale) and it has a Pioneer stereo to replace the tape-deck. The wheels are off a Toyota Celica GTS and the tires are new. This is a never crashed, original paint car and apart from a few small rock chips, and minor blemishes that are hard to find, the paint is in great condition and would look at home in a showroom. Just a couple weeks ago the oil was changed, new spark plugs were installed and it was Smog tested and passed for the new owner.
Overall, this is an amazing little car, that is always kept clean and waxed, only driven on the weekends and importantly has not been abused or modified to obstruct the brilliance of the original All-Trac legend. It is one of 591 originally sold. Although it doesn't get driven in the high revs very often, this is a car that is properly fast. I wish I didn't have to sell the Celica, however I am at a point financially where I can not have two cars. All inspections are to be done before the end of the auction. The sale is as is with no warranty expressed or implied. I hope whoever buys this car appreciates its history and significance as much as I do. Clean CA title in hand.

sold at NO RESERVE!
Good Luck and Happy 4th of July!
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CMS-GT4 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 am

1990 Alltrac (117k) $10,200
Looks to be in good shape.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990- ... -all-trac/

This 1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac was purchased new in Seattle, Washington and relocated in 2012 to Tennessee, where the seller acquired it 2k miles ago in 2015. The turbocharged 2.0L inline-four was rebuilt by the second owner 50k miles ago with forged internals, JE pistons, ARP bolts, and a CT27 turbo. Power is sent to all four wheels through a 5-speed manual transmission, and a new a clutch and flywheel were installed in early 2018. A Carlos-Sainz Edition front fascia has been added along with 17″ Rota wheels, BC coilovers, and slotted brake rotors. Now located in Florida, this ST185 All-Trac is sold with an accident-free Carfax and a clean Tennessee title in the seller’s name.

Turbocharged 2.0L Four
5-Speed Manual Transmission
All-Wheel Drive
Red over Grey Cloth
Carlos Sainz Front Bumper
17" Rota Wheels
BC Coilovers
Forged Engine Internals
AEM Stand-Alone Engine Management
New Clutch/TO Bearing/Flywheel
Accident-Free Carfax
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to All Tracs For Sale