EDIT: My wife and I will be moving soon and really will not be able to bring this car with us. I've lowered the price to $3000 and am willing to consider any offer (cash only, no trades) that helps make this happen. Please PM me if you're interested!
Hello all, I'm looking to sell my '88 ST165. I've had this car for 4 years now, but have never really got the project off the ground. My intention was for it to become a designated AutoX/Track Day car, but I never got far enough to get it there and have just lost the motivation as I realize I just never really was that much of a car guy. Most of the time I've owned it, it's been nothing more than a garage ornament. I have all the details listed below, but I want you to know that this car cranks every time you turn the key, and has never left me stranded. It has no major mechanical problems, it has some track-ready mods, and would make a fantastic platform as a project car for anyone looking for a very unique track car.
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac (ST-165)
217k miles (speedometer has been broken off and on since I've owned it, so likely closer to 218k, I've put very few miles on it myself)
PRICE LOWERED: $3000 OBO no trades
DFW Texas Area
- Ceika Type 1M Coilover Kit (7/7 Spring rates, camber/caster front plates, camber rear plates)
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires (with <1k miles and only 1 AutoX event)
- Upgraded brake pads/rotors (street/race mix compound, do not remember the brand, <1k miles and only 1 AutoX event)
- 2ROW Aluminum Radiator
- Upgraded sealed beam headlamps
- (Not Installed, but comes with car) Innovate O2 Sensor, polyurethane engine mounts and frame bushings
There might be more mods, but I'm not 100% positive. These are all the ones I remember doing to the car.
Known Issues (I want to be honest and up-front):
- Turbo leaks oil during boost, needs rebuild/replace, but still drives fine and still can do an AutoX if you bring some extra oil
- Had 1 minor accident, sideswipe on passenger side. Scraped paint and lost mirror, but very little structural damage
- No Radio or A/C (heater works fine)
- Has issues shifting into 2nd gear once the car is warm. Transmission fluid has been changed as well as shifter cables replaced with cables from someone else's ST165 part-out, so likely needs to be taken to a transmission shop. Still works fine on the street and I did an AutoX with it, I just shortshifted into 2nd gear and it's fine. No other gears have this issue.
- Of course it's a 30 year old car with >200k miles, so there's plenty of squeaks throughout and leaky seals around the windows
But again, this car starts every time I turn the key, hot or cold, even after sitting for a year (albeit with a jump). It's never broken down on the side of the road, and was incredibly fun to throw around an AutoX course (you want grip? It's got grip in spades). I really wanted to love cars, but it's just not the hobby for me. I hope that someone sees the value in this car (I paid $4200 for it 4 years ago and put >$2000 into it) and wants to take a jump on a really fun-to-drive project car. PM me here for more details or pictures, and once I know you're interested, we can move to email or phone to set up a time to come take a look at it.
Last edited by runt9
on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.