91 AT

underscore

That's a very confusing ad. Calling it a GTS-RC makes me think it's actually a GTS. It's hard to say with no shots of the rear though. It certainly isn't a real RC. It looks decently clean and I think that's a 205 motor but $17k seems steep.

Tippo

Looks like an alltrac to me. Not a bad price tbh. These are going up in value and it looks pretty well upgraded.

Roreri

That's a nice looking ride. It's a bit more stickered up than I like though. $17k for 55,000 miles and various mods bringing it up to "360hp"? Hmmm. Well, I guess you'd have to trust it was modified but not abused. That's a fine line.

Massachusetts, too. Not known for rust free.

simple

Now that I'm on my mobile I can see the ad.

Facebook sucks and here is another reason.

I'm willing to bet that Facebook doesn't even have the Alltrac as a 1991 Celica model type. So the seller had to put the highest model in their database.

I see stuff like this often on Facebook. Seems like they aren't forcing sellers to use Blue Book estimates for their pricing anymore. That site is run by morons.

alltracman78

You can list an Alltrac as an Alltrac, there have been multiple ads for them listed as such. recently. At least 6. And KBB isn't even close to the value of these. They're only worth several grand at best according to them.
The problem is the sellers lack of knowledge.

I happened to see this pretty much right when it popped up and it's only an hour or so from me so I messaged the seller about it. We messaged for a bit an I asked him for more pictures and info. He hasn't gotten back to me with it yet (if he ever will).

There is a large Portuguese and Latino population in New Bedford (where the car is being sold). So there's a bit of a language barrier I think. Plus communication between the owner and seller, who doesn't know much about these. And FYI, not the nicest city. Think much smaller slightly nicer version of Detroit.

At first he insisted it was an AWD GTS. Finally got through to him there was no such thing. He insists it's AWD, so it would be an Alltrac.
It does have the ST185 fuse box, which didn't come on the ST205 engine, those had a totally different 6th gen box. And it does look like an ST205 engine.

Quote from seller
"It has a turbo controller and alot more in the car
Interior is clean doesnt smoke or anything car has miles for the body but motor is a jdm one he bought so it has about 55k"

Front seats have been redone.

As far as rust, cars definitely rust up here bad. I've been through it with one of mine and I did god knows how many Tundra and Tacoma frame replacements.

As long as the car was kept in a dry garage and not driven while there was salt or water on the roads it could still be rust free and really clean.
Whether that happened or not is a different story. Who ever buys it should look very close underneath. Clean and rust free is a VERY subjective term, which I'm sure most of you know.

It's also been repainted. At least partly. How good that paint job is remains to be seen.

The car is a little riced out to my taste, but it's relatively easily correctable stuff. If it is relatively low miles and clean no rust and the swap and paint are done well I'd say it's worth 17K IMO.
My gut tells me it's not, but I haven't seen the car or pictures of underneath so I could definitely be wrong.

Tippo

alltracman78":3je0fg4k said:
You can list an Alltrac as an Alltrac, there have been multiple ads for them listed as such. recently. At least 6. And KBB isn't even close to the value of these. They're only worth several grand at best according to them.
The problem is the sellers lack of knowledge.

I happened to see this pretty much right when it popped up and it's only an hour or so from me so I messaged the seller about it. We messaged for a bit an I asked him for more pictures and info. He hasn't gotten back to me with it yet (if he ever will).

There is a large Portuguese and Latino population in New Bedford (where the car is being sold). So there's a bit of a language barrier I think. Plus communication between the owner and seller, who doesn't know much about these. And FYI, not the nicest city. Think much smaller slightly nicer version of Detroit.

At first he insisted it was an AWD GTS. Finally got through to him there was no such thing. He insists it's AWD, so it would be an Alltrac.
It does have the ST185 fuse box, which didn't come on the ST205 engine, those had a totally different 6th gen box. And it does look like an ST205 engine.

Quote from seller
"It has a turbo controller and alot more in the car
Interior is clean doesnt smoke or anything car has miles for the body but motor is a jdm one he bought so it has about 55k"

Front seats have been redone.

As far as rust, cars definitely rust up here bad. I've been through it with one of mine and I did god knows how many Tundra and Tacoma frame replacements.

As long as the car was kept in a dry garage and not driven while there was salt or water on the roads it could still be rust free and really clean.
Whether that happened or not is a different story. Who ever buys it should look very close underneath. Clean and rust free is a VERY subjective term, which I'm sure most of you know.

It's also been repainted. At least partly. How good that paint job is remains to be seen.

The car is a little riced out to my taste, but it's relatively easily correctable stuff. If it is relatively low miles and clean no rust and the swap and paint are done well I'd say it's worth 17K IMO.
My gut tells me it's not, but I haven't seen the car or pictures of underneath so I could definitely be wrong.

Spot on, very well thought out, but also speculation. Would be great to get some underbody shots and more info from the owner... but chances are they are not knowledgeable and got it off somebody who was. I actually dig this car, but I don't need a third one haha.