Alltrac or GTS seats WTB FLorida

All Trac Parts

Alltrac or GTS seats WTB FLorida

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:54 pm

Anyone have Alltrac or GTS seats for sale?

Located in Florida, If I'm really asking for my wish list I would LOVE red seats. But gotta be the GTS/Alltrac ones.

Thank you guys and gals.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
CloudStrife
Club Member

Re: Alltrac or GTS seats WTB FLorida

Postby simple » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:01 pm

You want red seats?

The cloth ones? Or are you saying you want to upholster them?
simple
Club Member

Postby CloudStrife » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:29 am

I'm mainly looking for just GTS or Alltrac seats, but if they are red AND from one of these trims I would be very happy.
CloudStrife
Club Member

Postby 93celicaconv » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:32 am

I'm assuming you don't care about the bottom frames? The bottom frames are different between the All-Trac & GT-S. But the bottom seat cushion and the seat-backs are interchangeable. Maybe you don't even need the bottom frames?

I think I still have a set of seats. I think shipping them would be pretty costly though. But they are not red. They are grey cloth.
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby CloudStrife » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:29 pm

93celicaconv wrote:I'm assuming you don't care about the bottom frames? The bottom frames are different between the All-Trac & GT-S. But the bottom seat cushion and the seat-backs are interchangeable. Maybe you don't even need the bottom frames?

I think I still have a set of seats. I think shipping them would be pretty costly though. But they are not red. They are grey cloth.

Hey buddy, you are correct. Alltrac floor pan and half trac floor pan have different mounting points. I did convert something like this before on a pair of JDM GTR Protege seats to a fwd usdm pan. It's a little involved, but I would consider doing it.

Yeah shipping is the biggest pain.
CloudStrife
Club Member

Postby 93celicaconv » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm

So not interested in pursuing the Celica sport seats I have then, with the GT-S bottom frames?
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:50 am

Sorry man, I'm not familiar with "sport seats", is that USDM GT trim?

That would be cool but if memory serves me right the GTS/alltrac has better side bolstering, so i'd be after that.

Maybe post a picture we could be saying the same thing LOL
CloudStrife
Club Member

Postby 93celicaconv » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:07 am

You are the one with a recently purchased 5th Gen Celica GT coupe, right? Does your GT coupe have factory seats in it now? If it does, then you could remove the frames from your existing seats to reuse. Shipping seats with frames all assembled takes up a lot of space, and the frames add weight to the shipment - meaning shipping cost for heavier and more voluminous containers would be expensive.

I have 4 seats I think, two are an older set from a 1990-1991 style cloth in grey - they current have the bottom frames on them. A third seat I think I have is a better condition passenger seat for an older style 1990-1991 style grey cloth. The 4th seat I have currently doesn't have the bottom frame on it (I took it off for a previous would-be buyer to save on shipping, but then that buyer went silent - but since I have several bottom frames, if you needed frames, I could put one on it for either the driver or passenger side types. The bottom seat and the rear seat back are identical for the driver and passenger sides - only the bottom frames are different and dictate if they are used for the driver or passenger side.

These are for the ST (AT180) and GT/GT-S (ST184) bodies, as far as the frames that I have for them. If you have an ST185, and you have good frames, these seats would bolt onto those frames just fine - again, the seats themselves are interchangeable - just not the bottom frames.

The seats are in storage - I would have to go out to the storage unit to verify what I still have. I''m pretty sure I have the seats that I am posting a picture of now.
Attachments
IMG_2218-40.jpg
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:53 am

93celicaconv wrote:You are the one with a recently purchased 5th Gen Celica GT coupe, right? Does your GT coupe have factory seats in it now? If it does, then you could remove the frames from your existing seats to reuse. Shipping seats with frames all assembled takes up a lot of space, and the frames add weight to the shipment - meaning shipping cost for heavier and more voluminous containers would be expensive.

I have 4 seats I think, two are an older set from a 1990-1991 style cloth in grey - they current have the bottom frames on them. A third seat I think I have is a better condition passenger seat for an older style 1990-1991 style grey cloth. The 4th seat I have currently doesn't have the bottom frame on it (I took it off for a previous would-be buyer to save on shipping, but then that buyer went silent - but since I have several bottom frames, if you needed frames, I could put one on it for either the driver or passenger side types. The bottom seat and the rear seat back are identical for the driver and passenger sides - only the bottom frames are different and dictate if they are used for the driver or passenger side.

These are for the ST (AT180) and GT/GT-S (ST184) bodies, as far as the frames that I have for them. If you have an ST185, and you have good frames, these seats would bolt onto those frames just fine - again, the seats themselves are interchangeable - just not the bottom frames.

The seats are in storage - I would have to go out to the storage unit to verify what I still have. I''m pretty sure I have the seats that I am posting a picture of now.

Thanks my friend, and yes I absolutely would deconstruct them for shipping. It's very handy you are into that because many people are too scared to. I have pretty good experience removing and replacing and reconstructing factory seats and have hog rings/pliars so that would be ok with me.

My biggest problem I'm trying to see, is do those grey seats (Those should be st184 GTS trim, I don't think alltracs came in cloth, only vinyl), do they have MORE functionality than a GT? Yes, I have a stock GT seat set, the only adjusting functionality I have is raising the seat pan up or down..

I think those GTS/alltrac seats have another set of functionality.. If so I might need to re-access what I'm doing.
CloudStrife
Club Member

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:54 am

Yes that's my gt coupe I posted btw.
CloudStrife
Club Member

Postby 93celicaconv » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:09 am

Both 5th Gen GT-S and All-Trac models could be had with either cloth or leather. GT-S seats used the same cloth and same leather as the All-Trac models. I believe All-Tracs came with with the power side bolsters and power center lumbar adjusters for the driver seat only. GT-S models had yet another option to check the box on to get the power driver seat bolsters and lumbars.

On my 93 GT convertible, I got two driver side seats from a salvage yard so I could get both the driver and passenger sides with the power bolsters and lumbars. I removed the ash tray and put a solid black plate across it with cutouts for both switches for those power seats.

Anyway, none of the seatbacks on what I have in storage have the power bolsers or lumbars - at least I don't think the seatbacks have them. If you are looking for that feature, I don't think I can help you. I just have the non-adjusable seatbacks.

Sounds like you are still wanting to search further. Good luck with your search!
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 am

Oh god no, Im definitely not looking for power functionality. Ive actually converted power seats to manual before.. not fun. Wiring in power seats into a manual chassis is a big no no for me.

Ill shoot you a PM.
CloudStrife
Club Member

Postby Tippo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:18 pm

CloudStrife wrote:Oh god no, Im definitely not looking for power functionality. Ive actually converted power seats to manual before.. not fun. Wiring in power seats into a manual chassis is a big no no for me.

Ill shoot you a PM.

FYI some of the GT-S models did have the power seat and the plug was the same for the All-trac. I've replaced them before and actually have a set of seats off a GTS (with the power). I plan on doing it in one of my ST185. IMHO Cloth > Leather. Unless the leather was redone, it's not worth it.
1992 SW20 MR2 Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Aquamarine Pearl. Project "Priscilla"
1992 ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo. Teal Metallic. Project "Lazarus"
1990 ST185 Cellica All-Trac Turbo. Grey Metallic. Project "Mirum"
Tippo
Club Member

Return to Parts For Sale