How large is the GT gas tank?

bloodMoney

I hate to do this Gary but I thought the GT had a either a 12 or a 14 gallon tank. I don't ever think that I put more than that into my gt...

It has been many years since I had it though so I may be wrong...

~bloodMoney

METDeath

I'll second Gary on the 16gal, I've put in close to 16 gal before... only because I tend to look at my trip meter vs my fuel light, since it starts turning on after using only 10 gallons of gas

___Scott___

WarTowels":7p89uba7 said:
How large is the GT gas tank?
The original question asked about the GT. I thought they were smaller than the All-Trac tanks, but I don't have a reference to say for sure.

My ST165 owners manual says 15.9gal tank capacity. In about a dozen years of driving an ST165 the most I remember ever getting in is just over 12 gallons.

WarTowels

It's defiantly smaller than the AT.

I believe it is 15.9 also.

On a more fun note, my GT's fuel line just burst right under the driver side.

-Towels

WarTowels

Well, my father took my GT to a mechanic, against my wishes and instruction not to. :x

I hate getting reamed by mechanics.

But I guess they "fixed" it, pretty much only cost labor, so it was just over $100.

I guess that's OK. Now at least 1 of my 2 Celica's runs. :evil:

-Towels

WarTowels

Gary":1takio55 said:
almost 16 gallons

I finally checked out my owners manual, it said 13.2 Gallons.

Gary must have been up for 12 nights straight, and just fought a civil war in a country no one's heard of while rewriting the Toyota service manuals...

:wink:

-Towels

kcitybrother

idk bout all that but my 92 gt has never taken more than 12 gallons, and I drive my cars until I'm almost out of gas everytime.