93' Celica Tinting

WarTowels

Hey, I've had 0 experience in tinting, however I would really like to give it a whirl. It must be perfect, or I'll just take it off. I'm looking at 5% tinting for all the windows except front windshield. I'm thinking it will look pretty sweet since I have a black Celica with basicly no fading. Anyway! I was wondering on a scale of 1-10 (10 being hardest) how hard is it to get a perfect tinting job done? Also, the defrost linges on the rear windsheild, can those be covered? Or do I have to cut strips? I live in NY where we get a bitch load of snow so I use them alot. Also, on the back seat windows (the little ones) There is that black border thing around them, can that be covered? :shrug:

Thanks for reading.

-Towels

:shrug:

turbo4wd

It depends entirely on the skill of the person applying the tint.. an unskilled person can mess up applying the tint and you'll be visiting that shop or another within 6 months.. a skilled person wont have you coming back period..

The tint will be cut and will go over the defrost lines on the back window and the tint is cut enough that it will overlap with that black edge youre referring to. from the outside you wont notice, and you most likely wont even notice from the inside.. but like I said, it all depends on the skills of the person applying the tint..

Just to give you a hint.. a skilled person will apply tint and leave no water bubbles in your tint..

A rookie though may leave some.. but dont worry, if you leave your car out in the sun for a couple of days, that water will evaporate and it should look fine afterward..
AIR bubbles however are absolutely unacceptable..

ah, another tip, use charcoal tint that is metal based.. not the dye based stuff.. that junk will turn into that notorious purple crap after time.. I personally have Solargard Charcoal tint on mine..

WarTowels

Thanks for the info guys, I think i'm gonna shell out the cash ($140) and have a pro install the tint. Thanks. 8)

-Towels

TraviST185

My rear window was done in all one piece of tint, no bubbles at all. The guy said he would never do another rear window of a celica again after he was done.