92 Celica GT For Sale

ToyotaFanboy

Hello all. Last week, my daily driver of 5 years (92 Celica GT) was rear ended and considered totaled by the insurance company. The damage is isolated to the right rear side. The right rear tail light, rear bumper reinforcement, rear bumper cover, trim garnish behind tag that runs underneath both tail lights, and the right rear frame rail where the bumper reinforcement bolts to is damaged. The body shop said they’d need to cut out this section of the frame/body and weld in a new one. This is the most expensive part of fixing the car. I’m a certified Toyota tech but I’m not a body guy, so the frame repair isn’t something I could do myself. The good news is that the damage is isolated to an area so far back on the car, that none of the alignment angles are off and the car still drives perfectly fine. The drivetrain on the car is in great shape. Cosmetically, the car had faded paint with chipping clearicoat anyways. I’ve been driving the car since the incident and it feels exactly the same as it did before the incident. Before the accident, only work the car needed was a flex pipe, left front cv axle and the timing belt/water pump is due based on age. The valve cover gasket is seeping but I was going to do this when I did the timing belt. The interior is in great shape, all cloth seats are clean and not torn. It’s a 5 speed manual, shifts well and engine is healthy. I’ve done more work on this thing than I can type out (plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, fuel filter, all engine mounts, front pads, rotors, calipers, hoses, hose from hell, radiator hoses, heater hoses, alternator, drive belts, all 4 tires just replaced earlier this year with Kumho Ecsta 4x’s, Toyota true start battery, new ac lines and R134 retrofit, intake boot, outer tie rod ends, and more that I can’t remember). The car is in great mechanical shape and for anyone that loves 5th gen Celica’s, it’s a project that if I hadn’t already invested so much time into and didn’t need a daily driver RIGHT NOW that I would keep. I’ve driven this car the last 3 of the 5 years I’ve owned it with not one single issue. I figured I’d ask the fellow Celica enthusiasts if anyone wasn’t interested before letting insurance take it for like $300 or so just so a perfectly running Celica can go to the junkyard. I am located in Maryland. If you’d like more information or pictures, PM me so that we can e-mail or text. I only have about 3 days to decide whether I’m going to keep it or let insurance take it. Thank you.