Possible cracked block help

Building 4th gen 3sgte with FWD e153 in 5th gen celica gt, while mating up the transmission to the engine we were having trouble after multiple tried got it seated to about a 1/4 inch gap between the bell and block so carefully tried to bring it in by tightening the bolts (I know stupid but had no choice serious time crunch I had to get the engine in the car by the next day to get it to my friends house because of moving complications) anyway this was working pretty well I was tightening one of the bolts that is on the top of the bellhoising going into the block felt and heard a snapping noise thought I broke the bolt or stripped it but it was threading still so figured it could be the pilot bearing seating cus maybe I didn’t seat it deep enough ? So it is all but mated up not even a fingernails gap up top and almost no gap at the bottom next day I see big ass crack in the oil pan right next to the flywheel inspection cover where it bolts to the bell housing although this probly explains it i am paranoid that I may have cracked the block as well being that the bolt I was tightening when I heard the snap was going into the top of the block their are no visible cracks except for the oil pan one i am worried that it could be internal next to cylinder wall or cooling passage has anyone delt with anything like this before ? Or could shed some light I will post pictures sorry for long post

Attachments

• 90DE345F-6128-40F4-B839-BCAAAFAD0CD8.jpeg
    90DE345F-6128-40F4-B839-BCAAAFAD0CD8.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 645
  • 4A71222D-AD52-46AE-A8A0-E2F311427E54.jpeg
    4A71222D-AD52-46AE-A8A0-E2F311427E54.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 645

abeans

That is crappy. I really doubt you hurt the cast iron block, more likely to damage the gearbox or its bearings, might have got lucky with just oil pan

I don't know specifics of the 4th gen engine swap, but all of those come with a auto gearbox, is there a pilot bushing that is in the crank that is different or needs to be removed? That would be my best guess.

Damnit so researching pilot bushing I found that the 3sgte does not take a pilot bearing :/ apparently a bunch of people ran into this can’t believe I didn’t think of this I guess I fugures it did since that exedy one went right in I really hope the input shaft is OK other guy said he tried to start his car then took his trans off and dremeled it out to re install right so maybe there is hope and what about that oil pan I was thinking it might just ride for now crack doesn’t seem to be in any crucial area other than maybe debris entering the flywheel area