Yet another swap problem :)

C.Alix

Hi I am a new member but I have used this forum for info on my swap for a while. I have never came across my unique situation. I just received a call from my mechanic stating that the ECU power plug dosen't match the one on the inside. I haven't heard of this before.

The project is a swap of a Gts 2.2L 5sfe to a JDM alltrac 3sgte. Right know everything else is working fine. I will be using a RX7 AFM that was the main difficulty I had. Now I am not sure what to do about the ECU plug. If any of you have an Idea please let me know.

My worse nightmare is when my mechanic say's I don't know what to do?

Thanks,
Chris Alix

PS. I would of just added a turbo kit to my 5sfe but I blew the engine @ 187k miles sorry. :shrug:

C.Alix

I found out what the name for it is....

I need a dashboard wire harness.

I placed a WTB: ad on the parts forum but if you know where I could get one please let me know....

yes i ran into this problem, the plug from the stock 5s harness coming from the dash isn't the same plug to go into the 3s harness because the other 2 plugs come from the motor itself...correct me if im wrong, do u have that 3s plug for the ecu though?? what i did was went to the toyota dealership grabbed a ecu pinout of the st-184 5sfe ecu and the st-185 3sgte ecu. and matched the plugs from the 5s side to the 3s side of the harness so it will plug in. you will not be using all of them though, i believe i only have 5 or so wires together on that plug. let me know whats going on.

by the way what part of orlando are u from, i lived down there before but moved back up north. i lived by valencia east campus side off of econ and 50....i bet you have heard of jade crew, russ and hue are friends of mine.

let me know