Toyota GR Heritage Parts *We Need Your Help*

RedCelicaTRD

A little over a year ago Toyota announced they were going to be reproducing certain parts under the Gazoo Racing dept. They are calling this program the GR Heritage Parts program and it is currently available for the 2000GT, A70 & A80 Supra, AE86, and the Land Cruiser. This program is more geared toward reproducing parts for Toyotas that participated in racing, or simply have a huge following and are restored frequently like the Land Cruiser. I believe the GT-Fours are on a short list to be added to the program, but we really need to make our voices heard and let Toyota know we would buy parts if they would make them.

If you go to the Heritage Parts website https://toyotagazooracing.com/gr/heritage/ and scroll to the bottom there is a "Reproduction Request" form that you can use to request parts be made or a substitute found. Currently it is restricted to vehicles in the program. However, what I did was selected my region, put my ST185 VIN in the VIN field, and then selected that I was a A80 Supra.

You can submit 5 part requests at a time. With each part you can add a comment. I added "Please add the ST165/ST185 GT-Four/AllTrac to this program" and then gave a justification for the part I selected. Here are my 5 requests:

1. Rocker Panels
2. Weather Strips
3. Engine Wiring Harness
4. 3sgte engine gaskets (like the ST165 oil cooler gaskets)
5. TRD Plug wires and Front/Center Diff (not going to happen, but a boy can dream)

Please do the same, but feel free to pick parts that are more relevant to you! However, please also think of your fellow owners. I do not need a new wiring harness, weather strips, or rocker panels since I bought new ones years ago, but since the goal is to keep as many cars on the road as possible I think these are 3 parts that a lot of owners can use to keep their cars running.

Please take 15 minutes and fill out the Preproduction Request form and share with other owners that you know! If we can get the vehicles added, getting more parts added in the future will be easier! Your fellow owners will thank you!

RedCelicaTRD

Currently there are not a lot of parts available for any platform in the program. Nissan and Mazda are offering similar programs and in my opinion Toyota is lagging behind. Nissan has the R32 GT-R practically fully rebuildable in their program with body panels, engine blocks, and all sorts of wiring. While I don't think the Celica would ever get that much support, simply being able to do maintenance and replace some rusty panels is a step in the right direction.

Roreri

It is everyone’s holy duty to do this. These parts—especially the plastics and rubber parts especially prone to rot—are necessary if our rides are going to have a future. I submitted AFM, Engine Wiring Harness, and a weird one, hood latch cable because mine is having troubles at the moment and I can't find one.

1988CelicaGT4

Nice idea to incite Toyota to make new parts for worn ones. As i wrote in "New Member"-thread, it is very difficult to find broken parts for the ST165. This includes Fensport, who seems to have nothing, Tein does not list the Celicas yet nor Whiteline. Let`s go and ask >Toyota for this. :D :shoots: