st165 spark plug wires

strracerx

and what about spark plugs, are they interchangeable too? i was reading on the NGK website and there different part #s.

5speedGT4

plug wires really are not, the st165 plug wires are slightly shorter than the 185s on the spark plug side, so the 185s will stick out on a 165.... but they'll work if you must, i had 165 plug wires on my 185 motor for a week or two until my trd wires came in.

gpmarzan

5speedGT4":3miycneg said:
plug wires really are not, the st165 plug wires are slightly shorter than the 185s on the spark plug side, so the 185s will stick out on a 165.... but they'll work if you must, i had 165 plug wires on my 185 motor for a week or two until my trd wires came in.
you said that the st165 plug wires are shorter, though you still used it for your st185 motor that required a longer stem? :shrug: .. i mistakenly bought the a set of st165 wires for my st165 which has a 2nd gen 3sgte. the wires were too short and would not reach the spark plugs.

alltracman78

strracerx":1lqeb49m said:
and what about spark plugs, are they interchangeable too? i was reading on the NGK website and there different part #s.

Just a guess here, but I would say they're the same. Only thing might be heat range, 'cause of the different cr.

pepper

strracerx":1rzu2t6h said:

Worthwhile download to have, explaining what all the different parts of the spark plug code mean: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/s ... berkey.pdf

Aside from the different heat range, the "CP" part of the 165 plug (BCP5EP) says that it's a 5/8" hex and "projected insulator type". The "K" plug for the 185 (BKR6EP) says it's a 5/8" hex and "Projected Tip (ISO)". So it boils down to what's the difference, if any, between a "projected insulator type" and "projected tip"? Anyone got some of each (same heat range) to compare side-by-side? I've been curious about this one myself before...

-Mike