FMIC Clocking Turbo Write Up

mx6er2587

http://midwestcontrol.com/catdisplay_short.php?pg=172

You should be able to cut the end of your wastegate arm and use a die to thread it to 1/4-28 ( I haven't tried this on a ct26 so make sure the rod is thick enough to actually thread it at 1/4 inch. Then you should be able to screw on one of these valve rod ends and be good to go. Depending on the angle the wastegate is sitting at you may need to grind some of the thicker base of the rod end.

I did this on my first gt30 setup and it worked well. You will need to measure the diameter of the nub on the wastegate itself to make sure the rod end will fit around it. If there isn't a 1/4 inch rod end that fits you'll have to step up to a 3/8 and use another adapter to go from 3/8 to 1/4.

These are the two part numbers I ordered. But keep in mind this was an hks actuator on a gt30 turbo so make sure you get the right parts for your application.

DV6F-3154
SU-4-6

tw2

Yes I think I did have a bit of a low boost issue when getting the tension right but it was an easy fix. Sounds like you need to make a new bracket and it may be difficult without that 3rd bolt hole. Might need to be more of a C shape rather than the straight piece I used. I recommend 3mm+ steel anyway. You might need to post a pic if you wanted help with bracket design.

Dups90gt

Ok so I was adjusting the bracket and got to thinking, I wish I could adjust the wastegate arm without having to pull the brace off and the C clip pin every time so I searched for something adjustable on the fly and found this at Home Depot.
mini-IMG_8042.jpg

It had 2 loops at the end but I straightened and cut them down also bent them to the bends in the wastegate arm. like so.
mini-IMG_8043.jpg

mini-IMG_8045.jpg

This would allow me to turn the adjuster and it would expand and contract without me having to pull my wastegate off and then lock it in place with the lock screw. I flattened the ends so I could drill holes when I cut the wastegate arm and then drill holes thru both bracket and wastegate arm then screw them together then incase the cut parts in fiberglass so they wont come apart. (I dont have access to a welder)
The screw on the other end has a reverse thread so it expands and tightens as you turn it)
mini-IMG_8047.jpg

What do you think? Ill test it and let you know if I blow up or not.

tw2

Give it a go I guess. I only had to adjust my WG twice and it was perfect. I'm not sure cutting it up is going to be a good idea reliability wise long term.

Dups90gt

I was thinking the same thing .. Lucky i have 2 of them one off the 26 and 1 off a 20B im not sure if theres a difference between the 2?

tw2

Honestly it is a pain in the ass to play with but once you get it right you will be all set.

tw2

Yes, I have both the laser cut flange and the whole adapter as seen in the photo's since i have a new one for my st205 TB already made. Shipping metal around the world will not be cheap though.

hop

Hey tw2 I think I have met you before? You came and grabbed some parts in a green mr2 once? I had a black 185 in a paddock.

Was this you?

Anyway, Im just about to put a fmic on my 185 still with ct26.

Do you have any left over parts that I could use? (I am in Hamilton aswell). I see you have upgraded the turbo on yours now.

Cheers
Richard