Toyota Engine Failures

bridge47

Lots of good stuff. I'd take issue with a few things based on what I've seen...

60K miles is to long btwn thermostats. I've seen them stick open and closed well before that. Keep in mind that some JDM therms are completely diff. Some are of all brass construction etc. Not sure about JDM 3SGTE though.

Only way to improve on OE bearings is to use race bearings. Usually they are of aluminum construction instead of softer tri-metal types. Of course the trade-off he doesn't mention is reduced embeddability. Any dirt/metal that gets to these bearings will trash the crank quickly. Not an issue for well designed race engine with better oil filtration/lubrication(ie dry sump) where high boost is used. An example; 1st gen 300zx had these but the 2nd gen went back to tri-metal type but made 300hp. My point is be careful about "improvements" if they don't fit your build.

His "starting to wear out mileages(kms)" seems low to me. Of course JDM 3SGTE could have more compression, they have better gas allowing more boost, and its a performance shop so customers probably have turned up their boost even more which is what brought them there in the 1st place.

Kcman91gts

Well atleast i know why i have this insesant rattle in my engine bay ... i had been out of work due to an injury and had a change to my medication so when i could drive i did but i let the checking of my oil lack and i knew it was burning (super stupid) anyway when i did check it before driving a friend out of town i noticed it was way below the low line .. and then this frikin rattle started ... and it has not gone away .

i thought my starter/alternator had started to go or a heatshield was lose ... well looks like it is definatly time for a new engine..

bridge47

By rattle, do you mean knock? Light rattle could be valves needing adjustment.

Knock gets worse, valve rattle tends to go away as engine warms up due to expanding parts.