New TRD head gasket info

built2run

i called a toyota dealer that can get JDM parts and talked to the japanese parts guy there cuz i was looking for a gen3 head gasket, he told me he can get a whole set and not just the gasket then he looked into the TRD.

here it is, TRD once made 2 gaskets the gen3 and gen2/1, they are different, the gen2/1 being MLS and .8mm thick(or 1.0mm) similar to gen3

the gen3 being very close to the oem gen3- the part numbers are different and the gen3 TRD gasket is discontinued

i'll post whatever part number i can get later today. the gen3 engine will run on the gen2/1 head gasket but might overheat with hard driving

chris at KO racing also told me the he just learned about the differences and here is a link to some pictures comparing the gen3 vs gen2/1

http://www.gtfours.co.uk/pics/headgaske ... askets.htm

Gary ST165

additional info:

These are the part numbers for the TRD 1.2mm and 1.4mm multilayer steel head gasket. same part# for both ST165 & ST185 correct fitment.

TD340-26177 = 1.2mm.
Part-No.AM26177 Price 59,06 EUR

TD340-26176 = 1.4mm.
Part-No.AM26176 Price 59,06 EUR

I ordered the above via TTE Germany, who informed me that the "TTE" gasket is a TRD factory item from Japan, and that TTE Germany only acted as the European service / sales agents for TRD Japan.

i would hope it is still possible to order these in .