JDM part #, bearing

banshee 101

just wondering if any body had the part number for a rear bearing.
also wondering if i can change just the bearing or if i have to get the hole hub, abs/non-abs

CptActnMan

i KNOW the USDM st165 has the same bearings as the FWD further the front and rear bearings are the same.

not exactly what you asked but possibly helpful

banshee 101

do i need any other part then the bearing, like rings or gaskets or anything????
and can it damage my axle if i keep driving on it until i get the part which is back ordered

~CDUB~

banshee 101":fwu4ox47 said:
do i need any other part then the bearing, like rings or gaskets or anything????
and can it damage my axle if i keep driving on it until i get the part which is back ordered

I would recommend replacing both seals for the bearing as well there like 4-8$ and are much easier to put back in then the old abused ones. theres also a snap ring that holds the bearing in but its pretty heavy duty and is reusable.

If you keep driving on it, it won't really wreck the axle unless the bearing completely fails and the wheel is almost ready to come off BUT what it will damage is the hub. It machines down the shaft that the bearing sits on and will cause the new bearing to go out very shortly. New hubs are about 100$ from the dealer.

I had one that i drove for nearly 8000kms that didnt damage the hub but i had another that was bad for less than 500km and completely machined the hub so bad i could sit the bearing down over the whole first half of the hub.