5S/3S Build needs

CSAlltrac

Was hoping you guys would be willing to help me out. Since my car is in need of yet another rebuild I'm looking to setup a super block. I have questions on a few details. Just for your info I currently only have gen 2 stuff. Want to utilize as much as possible rather than search for gen3-4 parts. These are the parts I'm looking to use,
+98 5S Block: Where do you tap for turbo oil feed? Do you have to modify any oil passages? Will the new gear on an OE oil pump for the 5S be the one I want to use or should I use my 2nd gen 3S gear?
Gen3 Crank
Gen2 Water Pump and hardlines with Gen2 oil cooler in place.
Gen2 Head: What mods are needed for the head gasket?
Any help provided to me will be very appreciated. I want this next build to last and make decent power. Not crazy power but I'll be happy with a reliable 280-300 with similar TQ number. Plan on doing flex fuel so I'm hoping I'm not asking to much here.

MWP

CSAlltrac":3h79mc4f said:
+98 5S Block: Where do you tap for turbo oil feed? Do you have to modify any oil passages? Will the new gear on an OE oil pump for the 5S be the one I want to use or should I use my 2nd gen 3S gear?

Turbo oil feed is in the same place as on gen2/3 blocks.
Its a smaller hole/thread though... maybe the same as the gen3, i dont remember.

Youll need to block up the oil feed for the balance shafts (if it had them).
Tap and grub screw does the job.

From memory youll want to use the gen2 oil pump pulley on a 5S pump.
Even if they tooth count is the same, the 5S and 3S have different cam belt tooth profiles.

Gen3 Crank

Ok, keep in mind the mains will probably have to be line-bored which adds some extra cost.

Gen2 Water Pump and hardlines with Gen2 oil cooler in place.

Gen2 oil cooler wont bolt on.
You could use the 5S oil cooler (if it comes with it).
Or better... setup a remote oil filter and cooler.

Gen2 Head: What mods are needed for the head gasket?

Not sure about this one.
Using the ATS head gasket is probably the easy way out.