Quick Review: Planted seat bracket

abeans

TL;DR = It's not bad. 8.5/10

M2zunHpl.jpg

7SY1dfYl.jpg

Like many of you, i don't fit in this little car as well as i would like, headroom wise. So seat bracket was needed. (And my drivers seat has duct tape holding the leather currently)

Read a lot of reviews on these seat brackets having never heard of them before, seen a lot of mixed replies on fitment. - Especially with the low production of the Alltrac/gt-four i was extra skeptical on the fitment on this.

Good news, was surprised how nice it fits and quality, it looks like very similar to a Sparco brand seat bracket I've owned.

It bolts right in perfect in Front. - Rear, i think the bolt holds need a ever so slightly hogging out for 100% fitment. They are super close maybe 1mm combined with Right and Left.

Annoyingly, you will need to use a wrench to install the bracket bolts in the rear as well.

bMlSS69l.jpg

wg62xzgl.jpg

Hopefully, combined with a Sparco Evo 2 this will resolve all height concerns. It probably could be lower.

abeans

Bad news, this thing sits way too tall. Even with my sparco at the lowest side rail its taller than oem seat. Which is a deal breaker for me.

It's either getting sent back or chopped up.

Alikazam

Have you tried just sitting on the mount directly or with like a flat piece of wood to test how much clearance you have to roof? Might give you an idea if there is a seat that might work for you. How tall are you? I managed to make my gen 7 seats work for me, I'm 5' 11" though, so not super tall. Good luck!

abeans

I'm 6'2

I fit with some lean on the oem seats. But, i would like to wear a helmet for some motorsport action and that's not going to work... Even with sunroof deleted.

It's on the back burner until i get the rest of the interior fixed.