ST165 power window switch

Mateo

20210604_150305-min.jpg

Has anyone ever found a replacement for the driver side window switch?

Attachments

• tinified (1).zip
    715.9 KB · Views: 64

RedCelicaTRD

It’s the same switch in a 3rd gen Supra. There are two styles, an early and a late. I believe it was the late that I used which was 90-92 if I remember right. A lot easier to find a switch from a Supra than it is an ST165.

Mateo

Can you just click in the sideways bar that you press up in order to roll up the window, or is the plastic all one piece?

RedCelicaTRD

One piece. You have to replace the whole switch. Well, you could tear them both apart and replace the little tab but what’s the point.

I replaced mine back in 2007 when I still had an ST165. Now that 3d printing is more widely available maybe someone has made a 3d printed little button.

Mateo

That's kind of frustrating, not really sure where to look for a complete assembly with that clip intact.
But thanks for the info, it was very helpful

The good thing in that switch isn't unique to the ST165. All Celica's equipped with power windows (which I think in the USDM, included all GT & GT-S models) had the same switch from 1988-1989. Also all Supras had them from 1989-1993. In fact, there was a very nice 1992 Supra in the salvage yard near me - not sure it is there anymore though. There were also some 88/89 Celica GT's there at one time - not sure if they are there anymore either. If that clip is a weak point on that driver window switch, it could be not many are intact anymore.

Maet, did you get your power window switch situation resolved?

I just wanted to let you know that I finally got the chance to visit my local salvage yard this morning. Both the '89 Celica's and the one 1990 Supra that used to be there maybe 4-6 months ago are no longer there. So there is nothing I can help you with on this one.

Mateo

I haven't messed with it, just been living life on the edge when I reach over on the freeway to roll up the window lol.
It's not on the top of the never ending list for the Celica so I'll get to it eventually. I might need to stop at a salvage yard soon anyway so I'll see if any switchers are there.