Those who know there electronics

j-gt4specs

Ok here's the problem I have a lcd screen installed and well I'm using a ps2 as the player and well when I plug it in and everythings working as it should be the lcd screen has lines across going up like some sort of video interruption. But the thing is when I unplug it (power of the ps2) and plug it in to the house terminal its clear? I'm thinking the battery but it's a brand new yellow top optima. Also when I plug it in to another car its almost nearly perfect clear but when its powered by my car its just sh*t... :shrug: The video isn't going in a stragiht line its breaking as I say anyone know how to solve this problem? Alternator replacement? I'm clueless :roll:

QIK_GT4

hahahaha my friend is currently diagnosing the exact same problem, shes trying to play ps2 in the car but screen will flicker when ps2 is run from invertor and will be fine when run off house power..

tell us if you manage to fix it...

one dude once told me that its the invertor... depending on whether its a digital type current or a sign wave current coz what he said was that with invertors with digital current or sum shit the wave length looks liek a curvey sign wave but with the peaks cut off so they are flat and apparently thats not good...

fsmtnbiker

QIK_GT4 is correct - The inverter doesn't make a proper Sine wave, it makes pretty much a square wave instead, which creates inteference. We ran into the same problem on a friend's car - Try a couple different brands of inverter, some are considerably better than others.

j-gt4specs

yeah as i figured instead of the wave going in a straight line it goes out of line creating a disturb image i tried wrapping some things in foil it did help somewhat but still to distorted i have a 95 watt inverter and was thinking of getting those bigger inverters but they are just costly plus hate to have a re-stocking fee ha but i think thats what im going to try. But having the battery re-located to the rear is no difference right? cause i heard some people lose voltage and drops when they put it in the back....but i'm thinking theres no difference considering if i directly connect it to the battery still does the same....i dont know but its all trial and error.... :shrug:

bigacuralvr

Its a bad ground. If you are plugging the invertor into the cig lighter, you have to re-ground it...and if you're running straight off off the battery, fun the ground to the frame, not the (-) terminal on the bbatery itself. This will fix you're problem. I would have said invertor, but beings it works in other peoples cars...its the source.
Brett.

j-gt4specs

bigacuralvr":1myv7edp said:
Its a bad ground. If you are plugging the invertor into the cig lighter, you have to re-ground it...and if you're running straight off off the battery, fun the ground to the frame, not the (-) terminal on the bbatery itself. This will fix you're problem. I would have said invertor, but beings it works in other peoples cars...its the source.
Brett.

hMm it's worth a shot will try it tomorrow besides I need the player to be constantly on when its pluged in instead of it turning off and on when the car shuts off. So the way to go is positive wire to positive terminal and the - wire to car chassis?

evo

the shorter your ground cable, the better. as suggested, grounding to your chassis really eliminates resistance that you would get by running small gauge wire to the - terminal. the - terminal and chassis are basically the same thing, so find the closest route to ground and you'll be fine. always grind down any paint before grounding to that area, and once you've drilled/bolted to that area, spray a little rust protector over it. There is also no harm in running more than one ground from your device

j-gt4specs

evo":3boqim9o said:
the shorter your ground cable, the better. the - terminal and chassis are basically the same thing, so find the closest route to ground and you'll be fine.

I have the battery re-located to the rear and my plan was to buy a cig lighter socket and mount it on the rear as well so then it will be direct power from the battery so its a constant power and wont turn off the player when the car is turned off (hate having to keep go through scene selections over and over you get the point) anywho Iill do this later today and keep you guys posted on what happens. If this is the wrong way to go correct me if I'm wrong. :shock:

evo

I'd not bother buying a cig lighter, just cut the cig connector off your inverter and wire the black to ground and the red to your battery. The cig connector is just added resistance which you dont really want

j-gt4specs

evo":4g4al32t said:
the shorter your ground cable, the better. as suggested, grounding to your chassis really eliminates resistance that you would get by running small gauge wire to the - terminal. the - terminal and chassis are basically the same thing, so find the closest route to ground and you'll be fine. always grind down any paint before grounding to that area, and once you've drilled/bolted to that area, spray a little rust protector over it. There is also no harm in running more than one ground from your device

this didnt help either i directed the + wire to the tip of the + line of the inverter and had to - wires on different spots as ground but still gave me lines it got reduced yet still too much lines.... :shrug: was thinking of getting a different inverter but the thing is how come when I use the current inverter i got and pluged in on another car is way clearer then mine :(