A question for anyone using FAZE gauges

88Allheeze

I have a Faze mech, boost gauge that worked fine when I got it about a year ago. Recently the indiglo backlight would only work sometimes. I have the wires hooked into my headlight switch. I tested that theres is 12volts going into the black box (dont know what it does quite yet) and only .6volts going to my gauge.

If anyone out there is using a faze gauge could you test and see how many volts comes out of the black box to the gauge? Or someone tell me what that black box is or has in it?

bigacuralvr

The black box is a resistor, its there because the indiglo gauge is like an LED in a way that it can't handle 12v. You're getting 12V, but are you getting a clean ground?? That is what you need to check. 10-1 that is your problem.

88Allheeze

are you sure, the faze website says its called a power supply. Its sealed and it looks just like a solid state relay (its not a relay ofcorse). The nice people of faze responded to my email on where to get a new one, and are sending me a new "power supply" for the gauge.

bigacuralvr

I would test your ground. When I had my indiglos in my integra, that black bow was a resistor type unit, and it didn't put out near 12v...... but, good luck.