TRD short shifter *PIC REQUEST*

AJz

I know the shortshifter topic has been done to death but im yet to find pics of a TRD shifter installed in a ST185. Being in NZ its much easier to get hold of a TRD one, instead of a TWM one.

So yes, if you have pics, please post, would be much appreciated :D

AJ

snakeeater

I agree with you. i have a 205 shifter assembly I want to put in my car, similar job right? i guess everyones to lazy to take off their shift boots

FabZ

so there is only 2 short shifter available for the st185? i've just realized today that my RC's shifter is different from my other gt-four one.. but has no brand written on it.. do you think it's a TRD one?

i could post pics no problem..

4rsnduction

underscore":3kb52lkz said:
C One also made one, for RHD cars, it has a solid metal base.
I have one of these currently installed on my GT4
Worth every penny.
Got it off eBay, someone local sold it.........roughly $200
U want pics ?

blk_panther

I know I have seen a page about this before, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know if the ST205 shifter swaps into the ST165? And what all is required? I know that the stick itself can be used with some spacers, but what about the whole assembly?

tw2

I took my stock one, took the giant black piece off the top of the shifter, chopped some of it off and put it back on (you can remove the entire black piece all together but it becomes too short). I then pushed the pivot point further up the shifter and tack welded it in place. I couldn't be happier with it. It is a lot shorter than stock height wise. The throw is heaps shorter than stock but its long enough you don't need to reach down. Total cost $0.

i usd trd 7th gen short shifter in my 5th gen. i cut about an inch from middle section, rotated it about 90 degrees counterclockwise, used washers to space the shifter assembly up higher... couldnt be any more happier with this setup