Question on system 10 and aftermarket stereo

big_c_tothe_z

I know I need Metra Harness 70-8112 but what I want to know is if I use this with and aftermarket stereo will all 10 speakers work or will I lose the two 8" door speakers?

big_c_tothe_z

I just bought harness but the clip doesnt seem to fit witht the factory harness. Maybe they gave me the wrong clip? Does anyone have pics of the clips from the stereo and the car harness?

OlyST185

you gotta have another amp if you want to have all the speaker with an after market radio... the stock units sucks so much, well no so bad for a 1990 car...

big_c_tothe_z

I have a 91 alltrac but I was just able to pick up the clip from a 92 alltrac today which I am going to wire in and that one actually fits the harness I bought, so hopefully everything should be good.

SuperWhite92

All 10 will work, including those in the doors. The way the metra harness works is by sending everything through the preouts, which is sending them to the stock config.
You'll notice a huge difference in the quality of the sound too. The more powerful preouts in an aftermarket deck do wonders for waking up our system.

MARLON1211

SuperWhite92":dr0yninz said:
All 10 will work, including those in the doors. The way the metra harness works is by sending everything through the preouts, which is sending them to the stock config.
You'll notice a huge difference in the quality of the sound too. The more powerful preouts in an aftermarket deck do wonders for waking up our system.

I have a 90AT so far I ask this but never really got a good answer to solve my door subs, will this metra harness mention above will just bolt on and wala 10sys working. 2nd were can i get this harness again.
Thanks man.

big_c_tothe_z

That looks to be the one, I just picked miine up at soundtrack for $12 after the guy said everyone on here was an idot and didnt know what they were talking about. Anyway Im in the process of finishing up more turbo swap and havnt had time to rewire the stereo yet, also have to install all the speakers, hopefully this weekend Ill be good to go. Ill let you know as soon as shes fully functional again.

MARLON1211

pls let me know how it turn out. I have 4 connectors to the car. When i bought the head unit they recommneded me a wire harness which connect 2 coneectors to the head unit and I left 2 out from the car. Whats the difference bet 90-91 - 92-93. If i buy this wire harness do i need to connect it to the car and splice it or is it pretty much direct.

celicat93

just installed my Alpine 7893 in my 92 AT with the aforementioned Metra harness. Matched the four pre-outs, antenna plug and spliced the power connections with crimp tubes. You have to cut the wires you're going to splice out of the harness coming out of the head unit and strip the insulation. Once I got it re-tuned to my liking it did sound much better than the stock head unit using the Alpine MX effect and band adjustments. But I will say that the internal amp did sound much better when I had it in my GT so at some point I will be replacing the "premium" Toyota Amp with an Alpine. But for now this is satisfactory, and yes, the 8" door subs do work and work well with a decent signal coming from the aftermarket HU. It would be nice to have a little bit more control over which speakers are handling the appropriate bass frequencies. With the bass focus feature I can push more up front to the 8's but then the rear loses it's kick, so yeah, definitely upgrading in the future...

cameron2

a little off topic... but i hardwired my JDM carrozzeria deck into my 92' and i get power to the deck and sound out of all the speakers. but i have a really annoying sound that goes with it.... it is like the white noise from a T.V. :x the volume of this noise is the same whether i turn the volume for the rest up or down.the volume for the music works fine...anything would be helpful. thx

cameron

Gary

Try to isolate power wire and make sure you have a good ground.
Also, how do you connect the wire? Make sure you use the shrink
wrap and/or good connector where you have the wire spliced.

A

Anonymous

i used butt connectors i bought from autozone, i am at school right now and have to work later but tomarrow i will the connections are good, what do you mean isolate the power wire and check the ground
thx
cameron