185 A/C issues on 205 swap

For everything related to the inside of the car!!

Re: 185 A/C issues on 205 swap

Postby st185_cs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:10 am

CMS-GT4 wrote:Good notes. My first attempt will be to sort out the idle up. Currently my AC turns on, but the idle up does not function. I thought about tapping into the control on the ecu, or just having it turn on via relay when the compressor is turned on.

Are you using the ac1 pin from the ECU? After making some research i think that another solution could be reversing the ACT Signal.

The ACT wire is used by the ECU to turn off the AC under certain situations like hard acceleration or low rpm. It could be done by using a spdt relay.

I think st185 ECU sends 12v for AC off and 0v for AC on, and the st205 does the opposite.

I think the ACS wire is an output from the amplifier to the ecu but im not sure about what It does. I think its used by the ECU to know if the ac button is pressed.

From what i see the 92+ alltrac and my 92 CS (with manual ac, auto was not available in this model) use the same ac amplifier P/N so it looks that the auto ac system works seperate from the rest of the ac system.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Celica st185 Carlos Sainz.
st185_cs
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:45 pm

My removal of the act wire form the ecu is what allows my ac to turn on. While I could not find anything in the bgbs I did find an old toyota doc a while back that mentions that toyota uses the act like you say. I assume it’s getting a signal from the ecu the amp that would mimick an error that would turn off the ac. I do not know what signal the 205 ecu looks for vs the 185.
My idle up vsv does not open when the ac is on. I figured this was an independently controlled function from the amp but it’s possible my vsv is no good. I applied power to it and it does not open but I need time to better test it. I hadn’t moved anything else because I wanted to rule out the vsv issue. If it does work then I was considering moving it’s activation to the 205 ecu or just having it switch with a relay and direct power. The issuenit causes is the 205 ecu seems to idle based on the rpm when the ac was on. So if the idle is not raised it’s new base idle is too low which effects drivability.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby st185_cs » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:45 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:My removal of the act wire form the ecu is what allows my ac to turn on. While I could not find anything in the bgbs I did find an old toyota doc a while back that mentions that toyota uses the act like you say. I assume it’s getting a signal from the ecu the amp that would mimick an error that would turn off the ac. I do not know what signal the 205 ecu looks for vs the 185.
My idle up vsv does not open when the ac is on. I figured this was an independently controlled function from the amp but it’s possible my vsv is no good. I applied power to it and it does not open but I need time to better test it. I hadn’t moved anything else because I wanted to rule out the vsv issue. If it does work then I was considering moving it’s activation to the 205 ecu or just having it switch with a relay and direct power. The issuenit causes is the 205 ecu seems to idle based on the rpm when the ac was on. So if the idle is not raised it’s new base idle is too low which effects drivability.

I tried to do some measurements with a multimeter depining ACT and ATS wires from the amplifier. I only did a few test, because its raining outside and im starting the car inside the garage which produces a lot of smoke.

Fom what i see, ACT wire is at 12v and ATS is 0v when AC is working in the stock st185 setup.

Can you measure with a multimeter the outputs of the st205 ecu in ACT and ATS lines, with the wires unplugged from the AC amplifier?
Celica st185 Carlos Sainz.
st185_cs
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:18 pm

I likely won't be able to get to checking the voltage till early June. The goal is then to finish the ac issues so I can it all back in.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to Audio / Wiring / Interior