lumbar support wiring question, please help!

sbart83

i went to the local pick and pull junkyard looking for some stock bucket seats from a 4th gen gt-s with electronic lumbar. the seats i have in my st165 fit the wiring already( a six prong plug conector, plus the wiring for the seatbelt dash light), but the ones i pulled from the junkyard have only a 4 prong connector, and no seatbelt wiring. the gt-s i got the seats from was an 87 i believe, my trac is an 88 so i guess 86-87 and 88-89 interiors were quite different? does anyone have the wiring from the bgb they can post here? any help would be great, i want the lumbar to work still in the trac. still can't believe i found these in such great condition!

current seats in the st165
S6300457.jpg

lumbar connector and seatbelt connector
S6300458.jpg

6 prong for the lumbar
S6300459.jpg

gt-s seats i found in junkyard
S6300460.jpg

connector, no seatbelt connector
S6300461.jpg

4 prong connector?
S6300462-1.jpg

is there a possible conversion for this? i dont really care if i lose the seatbelt light, but i really want the lumbar support! i wonder why toyota changed it...

sbart83

the seats look identical, and i know i have a lumbar switch itself that works that i also took from junkyard. it works with the red seats

sbart83

ok... figured it out. the extra 2 prongs on the clip are for the seatbelt lights. i guess not all 4th gen celicas came with sealbelt lights? anyway the connector wires are all the same color. you can close this thread

88st165

our seats also have side bolster adjustment along with the lumbar adjustment. thats why the seat is so freakin heavy, b/c of the motors.

the gts might just have the lumbar option. maybe thats why it only has a 4 prong instead of the 6 as it might not have that second motor to adjust the side bolster.

aubeone

Sorry for digging up an old post, but I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this 4 pronge plug for the passenger side...?

What I have done is take the driver's back out of the parts GTS and installed in on the passenger seat of the 'Trac. I wired u8p the switch the way I though it should go yet only the lumbar moves and not the bolsters. Strange considering I know it has adjustable bolsters from when I had it all apart to swap upholstery.

What happens now is that the switch moves up, down, left and right, but 2 make the lumbar go out and the other 2 make the lumbar go in...

Any thoughts?