steering wheel

jonnyboygt4

will a 5 bolt steering wheel work on a 91 st185? I would imagine the necessary hub would be required.... but i am not sure if the car requires a 6 bolt wheel or if a 5 bolt wheel will work.

mike325ci

okay, let me try to understand this: are you asking about aftermarket steering wheels and if they would work?

all aftermarket steering wheels will require a hub adapter before being able to be used in our cars, unless you have a JDM car that came with a Momo wheel or something (which i am assuming is not the case).

the correct hub adapter will fit the car and also the wheel brand / model that you are considering. while most aftermarket steering wheels have 6-bolt holes (Momo, Sparco, etc.) there are some with 5-bolt holes (Grant).

jonnyboygt4

ok thanks for clearing that up...yes its a grant steering wheel i am looking at purchasing...i looked it up and they do have the proper hub for the st185...thx

mike325ci

the short answer is no, they are not the same.
however, many are interchangeable...

also, you might be able to use certain hubs that are not a perfect fit, but still doable. (For example, I am using a Momo hub for an AW11 MR2 on my ST185 Celica-- the turn signal stalk return function does not work as a result). My guess is that you're asking because you found something on eBay and wanted to see if it fits?

for Momo, you can use this application list to find the part #s and see what it cross-lists with:
http://www.upgrademotoring.com/seats_in ... o_hubs.htm

for other brands, you might have to do some searching...

jonnyboygt4

found in my searches that NRG makes a hub that fits the gt four perfectly with no flaws....installed it a bit ago along with a NRG quick release also...fairly expensive compared to alot of the no name hubs on ebay but well worth the extra money for a nice clean fit...all in all with a short hub, quick release, and NRG leather wrapped wheel was 450.00 cnd.. highly recommend NRG`s products...