Baby seat thread

CMS-GT4

So part of the reason I kept my alltrac is for the sake of its rear seat since i just had a kid. Same reason, the Z has to go... no back seat. Anyhow, I had a car seat in the back of the car back in 2000. The designs and laws were different. It fit with no problem. For the moment, I have the car seat in the front since it is legal due to no airbags in the car. However, I want the seat in the rear. Is anyone else running a car seat in the rear? Did you rig anything up, or come up with clever solutions?

I am thinking of taking a foam pad or something to fill the bucket of the rear seat. I have a seat protector. I have to put the seat on the passenger side, there is no way it would fit behind the driver side.

Awesome-Trac

I have two nieces that don't weigh more then 60 pounds so a car seat is required and since our cars have rear bucket seats. Quick question which type of seats are you using right now? Forward or facing rear window?

CMS-GT4

Greco rear facing seat on a quick release base.
I am thinking if I can fill the bucket this should fit with little issues. I might add some rear harness as well.

Awesome-Trac

When I first got my Celica's the bucket part was a major problem cause the baby seats kept moving side to side like a rollercoaster and trying to make them fall asleep was always a fail so what I did was just add a blanket to fill the seat up to level and placed the baby seat on top which worked out great cause it stopped the seat from moving and I had a blanket for when I was cold

88gt4DE

CMS-GT4":2byegxqe said:
Greco rear facing seat on a quick release base.
I am thinking if I can fill the bucket this should fit with little issues. I might add some rear harness as well.

If you mean the upper or rear tether like is normally in rear shelf. The 165 had a hole in the back in the metal flat part where the spare tire goes. I'm sure the 185 does too . Its just a hole so you have to get the hook and bolt but that's where manual says to put it. We were able to order it from toyota still at the time ... We found it in the manual when my brother was carting one kid around in his trac ... sometimes still does but not very much now that there's 2 kids ...

soarer.jzz30

I was thinking about making a bolt on attachment like newer cars have. I also have a kid and would like it to be easier to use the seats with a base

CMS-GT4

So I got this. Seems it is a retro fit solution for baby seats. The belt goes behind the seat and latches to the baby seat.
You can find them on ebay since they are mostly discontinued. I was going to do the modern clips but it turns out the ones I found for oem cars have a bar that goes through the seat. This was a simpler solution.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 2,680

CMS-GT4

They go around the back of the seat. They clip to the baby seat latches and use the whole seat as resistance. So its like a belt that goes the other way around the seat.