Oem radio harness

superboonan

93celicaconv":hxangyer said:
superboonan":hxangyer said:
I got it working with my powersupply but I can get any bruise or other sound out from it to test it.
I tried connecting a small speaker to the R-R and R-L but it was completely silent

You won't get sound out of your radio. It has no amp. The 14-pin connector on your radio is sourced from an external amp. All your radio is capable of is sending audio impulses to the amp. The amp provides the power to the signals and sends that power to the speakers.

Many radios have amps. Such radios have aluminum fins (heat sinks) along the sides and/or backs of the radios. Radios with internal amps do not use 14-pin connectors - they use 2 separate connectors (one for power in/out of the radio, and one for power to the speakers).

I think we talked about yours having an external amp earlier - and you said your system does have an external amp, right?

That was what I afraid of, yes it does have an external amp but i tought it could make a loud enough signal to hear trough a small ish speaker. Is there any way to hear it without the amp? like wiring some earbuds or something to it

The head unit would need some kind of amp to provide "current" to the speaker wires to drive a speaker then. These factory units with external amps don't work that way. The head units provide "line out" voltage signals to the amp's "pre-amp", which decodes the signals frequencies, tone, volume, etc. The amp's internal pre-amp then sends a low power current reference to the power side, which provides the current/frequency necessary to drive speakers. A line-out signal from the head unit on these models can't drive a speaker directly. That includes ear buds. Not the same output signals at all.

I have a small amp that would interface with your head unit with the 14-pin connector. You would have to find pig tails for the power feed and speaker output power to this amp so you can bring power to the amp and connect a speaker or two to it remotely (not involving your car). A color coded wiring chart for those pig tails would be needed so you know how to make your 12VDC & speaker connections. I could provide this for you, but I won't have time anytime soon. Best if you test your head unit with the car's wiring harness completed (new pig tail to old harness) if you want to check sound quality.

superboonan

93celicaconv":12jjx9j5 said:
The head unit would need some kind of amp to provide "current" to the speaker wires to drive a speaker then. These factory units with external amps don't work that way. The head units provide "line out" voltage signals to the amp's "pre-amp", which decodes the signals frequencies, tone, volume, etc. The amp's internal pre-amp then sends a low power current reference to the power side, which provides the current/frequency necessary to drive speakers. A line-out signal from the head unit on these models can't drive a speaker directly. That includes ear buds. Not the same output signals at all.

I have a small amp that would interface with your head unit with the 14-pin connector. You would have to find pig tails for the power feed and speaker output power to this amp so you can bring power to the amp and connect a speaker or two to it remotely (not involving your car). A color coded wiring chart for those pig tails would be needed so you know how to make your 12VDC & speaker connections. I could provide this for you, but I won't have time anytime soon. Best if you test your head unit with the car's wiring harness completed (new pig tail to old harness) if you want to check sound quality.

Ok thank you for the information I can manage without testing the sound, it would just have been easier to be sure my bluetooth adapter works but i'll guess I'll find out when i wire it up :D