System ten rebuild? (Speaker rebuild service)

superboonan

Has anyone had their system 10 door speaker rebuilt or repaired them themself? Mine are falling apart and I would really like to Keep them since I heard so much good about them and I don't really need more powerful speakers. I post some pictures of what mines looks like.
Does it even exist companies that repair speakers? Or that sells replacement parts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181030-231510.png
    Screenshot_20181030-231510.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 5,648

FC Zach

Years ago I was going to repair some old Rockford Fosgate subs that were in need of foam replacements. . I searched around and found a company that sells just that. I believe this is the company I had found, I'm sure there are many like it.

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/speaker-foam-repair-new-edge-it-kits.html

I never followed through with buying one of these kits because I ended up trading or selling the speakers so I can not comment on installation or quality.

I've had (4) different sets (8 total 8" woofers) repaired at Speaker Repair Center, 700 Brandt St., Dayton, OH 45404 (855-732-6631). They've always done a great job on all sets, at a fairly reasonable price. I was lucky to get a set of these new from Toyota, and the boxes they came in made great shipping boxes when I sent them in for repair. Just let them know you want to resuspend your 86120-20610 and 86160-20620, and send them the whole assembly (including the Live Sound boxes). They can recone, if you need that done. All mine just needed a refoam. I highly recommend this place.