Omori Boost Gauge, In dash install.

Start by prying the gauge face ring off.
I used a jewels screwdriver and canopener'd all around the backside, then pulled it off.

Omori Boost Gauge-4.JPG

Put something under the needle, and take an exacto knife and trim off a tiny bit of the end of the needle to make sure it won't rub anywhere in its full sweep.

Omori Boost Gauge-5.JPG

To help it look a little more "factory" I decided to paint it in a couple places.

The paint I used is: Model Master "Flat Black FS370038" and Testors "Gloss Tangerine/Mandarine"

I decided to paint the needle, and black out the red "Omori" badge.

Omori Boost Gauge-7.JPG

Omori Boost Gauge-6.JPG

You will have to "hot glue" the gauge to the back of the trim panel.

Take care to place it correctly and evenly. It doesn't take much for it to look off center.

Omori Boost Gauge-11.JPG

Omori Boost Gauge-10.JPG

If anyone would like to use this mount, pm me and I'll send you the .stl files:

Attachments

• Catch Can Assembly.JPG
    Catch Can Assembly.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,760

zaluss

mickeyfinn":2fw7bubd said:
Thank You!
You've been a BIG help, and inspiration in a lot of ways! Thanks for your many posts!
I love your ST165.

Glad I could help! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

I don't frequent the forum as much as I used to but I am on the Alltrac.net facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/celicaalltrac) and you can find some updates on my car on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/projectst165/

I love the forums but so many have migrated to FB so thats where the latest info usually ends up :(

Wilrayca

Thats a nice looking option. I don't like the look of gauges in pods and am struggling to find a good spot for a AFR on my ST185. I already used up the spot opposite to the ignition switch for the boost gauge. This is some inspiration. Thanks!

underscore

I love how cleanly the 4th gen guys can install a better boost gauge like that. Most people would have a hard time noticing that isn't stock.

On a side note J-Spec Tuning is having a sale at the moment, and they have a 45mm Omori EGT gauge on clearance for $40 which seems like a crazy deal to me.